Worst ever album covers

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby elko » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:26 pm

In stark comparison with The Smiths fantastic record covers, here are some 'interesting' ones...

<!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

Surely there are no worse than these.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:09 am

What a relief! At first I thought this might be a discussion of worst Smiths covers! Hope those covers weren't from your collection..... <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:49 pm

Haha, what makes people think things like that are a good idea?! Devastatin' Dave is quite a cool name though... In the way that it's so very bad, it's almost good. AND it rhymes with 'slave'!! <!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo-->

There was an article in Q last month about the worst ever album covers, there was one with a really fat naked guy in a load of mud with a pig... That was pretty damn gross.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Noonan McKane+Nov 5 2004, 09:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Noonan McKane @ Nov 5 2004, 09:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Elko, as I scrolled down that post, I found myself thinking:
"THAT is the gayest picture I have ever.....No, hang on, THAT is the gayest picture I have ev...No, wait; THAT is the gayest picture I have ever s.....THESE are the gayest pictures I have ever seen....."<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Heh, that's what I was thinking too, the second one in particular is ridiculously gay. Oh, all of them are!

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Incidentally, did you know that Andy Warhol's famous cover pic for The Rolling Stones 1971 masterpiece, "Sticky Fingers", which is a monochrome photo of a jeans-clad man's crotch, is the same fella as "The Smiths" cover star, Joe Dellasandro?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo--> Learn something everyday. Also, Delia Smith cooked the Let It Bleed cake (probably common knowledge by now).
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:55 pm

And how do you like these...?

"deleted"
Last edited by rubygirl on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby reclamation » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:47 am

*snigger**chortle*etc.
[size=1]Slytherin pride/size]
reclamation
Supreme

Postby Noonan McKane » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:11 am

I recognise the lassie on the last one.

I'm utterly terrified of the first one.

I don't want to think about the middle one, anymore. The icy moustache, it troubles me greatly.
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:55 pm

This gorgeous new thread - your favourite slbum covers, reminded me of this section - in the hideous state of mind I am in it's easier for me to remember bad things:ph34r:

Anyway, illustrating:

<!--QuoteBegin-girl_afraid+Nov 5 2004, 05:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (girl_afraid @ Nov 5 2004, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There was an article in Q last month about the worst ever album covers, there was one with a really fat naked guy in a load of mud with a pig... That was pretty damn gross.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sometimes words are simply powerless:

Last edited by rubygirl on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:02 pm

Oh Jesus, thank god it's a few hours since I ate! You really should have given us prior warning of that!
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Jul 5 2005, 10:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Jul 5 2005, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Oh Jesus, thank god it's a few hours since I ate! You really should have given us prior warning of that!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But please, the warning is in the title of the thread itself! <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Jul 5 2005, 11:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Jul 5 2005, 11:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Jul 5 2005, 10:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Jul 5 2005, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Oh Jesus, thank god it's a few hours since I ate! You really should have given us prior warning of that!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But please, the warning is in the title of the thread itself! <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're absolutely right, I apologise. Someone's not paying attention <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:11 pm

clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:55 pm

My dear god <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo-->
That's all I can say.

P.S. For more album-cover -nastiness, you can check out this site:
<a href='http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/' target='_blank'>Museum of Bad Album Covers</a>
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat