[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Your concert history

Your concert history

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:27 pm

Maybe just an overview out of interest: which bands or singers have our members seen live so far? This may include recent concerts but also concerts from your childhood days when you still listened to the sort of music you'd now rate a 'guilty pleasure'!

My list (gigs or all sizes, from small singer/songwriter sessions in pubs to big festivals):

Echo & The Bunnymen (9x)
Ian McCulloch solo (2x)
Heather Nova (5x)
Marilyn Manson (4x)
Levellers (4x)
Placebo (4x)
Peter Evrard (4x)
Heideroosjes (3x)
L20 (3x)
Morrissey (2x)
Peaches (2x)
Therapy? (2x)
3 Daft Monkeys (2x)
Bauhaus (2x)
Messiah Syndrome (2x)
Manic Street Preachers
Simple Minds
Clouseau
Rolling Stones
Paul McCartney
U2
Silke Bischoff / 18 Summers
Our Lady Peace
Avril Lavigne
Turbonegro
Vive La Fete!
Lemon
Ben Christophers
Subway
Dido
Golden Earring
Camden
The Damned
Pat & Nipsy
The Ghost of Lemora
Gotheki
Pro-jekt
Solemn Novena
Cradle of Filth
Alice Cooper
Monza
Magic Numbers
Howie Day
Triggerman
These Charming Men - Smiths Tribute (1x, second time upcoming tonight!)
Devilish Presley

Note: I didn't all enjoy them... Some were just support-acts, Peaches for example is not my cup of tea at all, but she happened to tour with Marilyn Manson so I was obliged to also attend her set...
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:36 pm

k, i found it less ridiculously long once you said some were support acts! i was gonna say, is going to gigs all you ever do!! : p did you enjoy avril lavigne?...
hehe.

i have seen idlewild, REM, weezer, evermore, and went to live 8. i think that's it, and now the bands i NEED to see are the smashing pumpkins, everclear, and morrissey. they're the main lot. and alanis morissette.
they were all excluding support acts cause they're usually dire, except a really cool support act at evermore, where the guys were doing crazy leg stomping all the time.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:05 pm

You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:32 am

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:10 am

Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:08 pm

I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:52 pm

Last edited by helmoz on Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:29 pm

this is not going to be exact, I can't remember every band I've seen or how many times I've seen them, if I really like a singer/band I will go see them more than once.
Morrissey obviously
X-ray Spex
The Jam
Oasis
The Damned
The Buzzcocks
The Pogues
The Dickies
Shane McGowan & the Popes
The Skids
Joy Divison
Billy Bragg
The Salford Jets
Hugh Cornwell
The New Yok Dolls 2004 supporting Moz
Trash Can Sinatras
The Beautiful South
Kleenex
White Stripes
Duran Duran not my fault
Toploader
The Thrills
Idlewild
David Gray not my fault either
Barry White ditto
Angelic Upstarts
Vinny Perculiar
The Subways
Franz Ferdinand
P J Harvey
Sons & Daughters
Sack
Goldie Looking Chain
Brian Ferry (well we left partway through)
Duritti Column
Johnny Marrs Healers
New Order
Badly Drawn Boy
Happy Mondays
Placebo
Tiger Army
Fun Lovin' Criminals
Boz Boorer
The Deltas
The Ronelles
Journey South GU won the tickets ffs!
Smiths tribute bands inc
Smiths Indeed, Sweet & Tender Hooligans, The Smyths, The Other Smiths

That's what I can remember so far, I'll add to it when I can remember, there must be tons of punk bands, probably a lot of no names, the only reason I remember Kleenex is that I took pictures, the one & only time to my great shame that I took a camera to the Factory at the Russell Club.

love

Grim
Last edited by Grim O'Grady on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:59 pm

You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:03 pm

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat