Karaoke

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:16 pm

Is there any of you who ever engaged in a public karaoke in some bar or at a party?

Which songs did you sing?
Would you rate it a success, or was it a memory you're still trying to erase out of your head? :ph34r:

I somehow never got to do a karaoke, although one of the bars in my Belfast has a weekly karaoke contest and I somehow thought about entering someday. My shyness however stopped me from doing it.

Along with a few colleagues we did once enrol in a karaoke, they chose to sing Barbie Girl from Aqua (I wanted a different song, but... choice of the majority). We enrolled and I got pretty nervous, but (un?)fortunately the other people in the bar did some songs and by the time we had to catch our last bus home we hadn't been called to the stage yet. So I escaped from public embarrasment!
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:28 am

We had Karaoke at our rugby team's Christmas party a couple years back. After getting loaded up on a rather diverse selection of beverages I was persuaded into giving "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" a go. You can probably guess what that sounded like. :D
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:03 pm

I once sang 'moonlight shadow' by mike oldfield on kareoke
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:22 pm

I once was involved in a drunk Let It Be choir at the boy scout party of a friend of mine. I'm too shy I guess although some people always cheer me into doing things like that. I just haven't found the right song, Iguess. :D

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:24 pm

I went camping my friends a couple of summers ago and 2 of us did Hit Me Baby One More Time, yes as in Britney, haha it was so amusing and i think she took it a lot more seriosuly than i did which was even funnier.i think thats the worst thuing about karaoke's - the people who genuinely think they are good at singing and dont just take it as a bit of a laugh to make an ass out of yourself! :D
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:06 am

Boxguy wrote:We had Karaoke at our rugby team's Christmas party a couple years back. After getting loaded up on a rather diverse selection of beverages I was persuaded into giving "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" a go. You can probably guess what that sounded like. :D

IMHO that is one of the hardest songs ever to sing (the chorus is easy, it's just the verses are hard!)
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Re: Karaoke

Postby rorschach » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:02 am

Me and a friend got barred from singing ever again at our local for our frankly awful/brilliant rendition of California Dreaming.No one wants to see talented singers, it's a bit of fun after all.
Freedom is the only way, yeah

http://www.pbfcomics.com/
rorschach
Advanced

Return to Music Chat