Listen to this!

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby yandee » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:09 pm

So I went to this Naked Lunch show on Friday (see also The Gig Review Thread) and I bought a CD of the unbelieveably great support act. So here is one of the tracks. It's nice. I hope you enjoy
<a href="http://www.savefile.com/files/546599" target="_blank">Laokoongruppe - Walzerkönig</a>
I hope you like it, if not, well fuck you :D :D

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:47 pm

I suggest that you shoud try the lovely Miss Neko Case :)

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=50dzxkJa1NE" target="_blank">Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On </a>

seen her with one of my favourites of hers :D
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:02 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:I feel so apprehensive, but excited-- I have no idea what I am downloading, but I trust you guys to have good music teaste, I mean, you're here and that already speaks volumes about you :)

So? What do you think of that music?

rubygirl wrote:I suggest that you shoud try the lovely Miss Neko Case :)

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=50dzxkJa1NE" target="_blank">Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On </a>

seen her with one of my favourites of hers :D

That's a beautiful song, Ruby, I loved it. Thanks.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 pm

it is beautiful indeed :)
Last edited by rubygirl on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:39 pm

It was pretty good :)l, except I guess this is the part where yandee says fuck you to me :P
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:It was pretty good :)l, except I guess this is the part where yandee says fuck you to me :P

Well that doesn't matter :D I was the only one dancing at his show, nobody really likes him, especially if you don't understand what he's talking about. Nonetheless...thank you for listening :D

But, because I love you so much, here you are: I guess this is the stuff you should like :D A beautiful song from the new Naked Lunch record This Atom Heart Of Ours. I've got to admit that the Laokoongruppe-thing was just teasing :D So please enjoy: <a href="http://www.savefile.com/files/551340" target="_blank">Naked Lunch - Military Of The Heart</a>
Last edited by yandee on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:21 pm

There is this band called Fortune Drive and they sound a bit mediocre on record but they are one of the best live bands I've seen, I think. They have a huge reputation in Bristol because they are so energetic and commandeering on-stage, but their sound is actually a bit regressive I think. Either way, <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2013587204" target="_blank">this is their new video</a> and I'd love some honest opinions on whether they sound all-powerful, or just a bit mediocre.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:31 pm

I'm really enjoying the video. Great concept.

But as I'm listening to this, I don't hear anything that to me differentiates their sound from anything that's played, say on MTV2 or Fuse here in the States. I'm not real good at articulating and dissecting music. It's loud---but bland.

Yandee, I can't play wma files. :o
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:37 pm

Still Ill wrote:Yandee, I can't play wma files. :o

Well that's bad, because I can't make my whole wma data mp3. I don't know how, but nonetheless here's the link to the video on youtube: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYyPPoqt43k" target="_blank">Naked Lunch - Military of the Heart</a> Hope you can enjoy it this time :D

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:10 am

Didn't like Naked Lunch... Sounds like just another band. But it's always good to listen new stuff.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby OrwellThatEndsWell » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Is this thread named after the Dexys Midnight Runners song 'Listen To This', off of 'Don't Stand Me Down'?
It should be. People should definitely listen to 'Don't Stand Me Down'. It's the last Dexys Midnight Runners album. It's staggering. It's from 1985 and it's on Mercury/Phonograph, or whatever they're called now. Probably Sony.
I'll purse it, aye the highway is my hope. His heart's not great that fears a little rope!
OrwellThatEndsWell
Advanced

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Orwell wrote:Is this thread named after the Dexys Midnight Runners song 'Listen To This', off of 'Don't Stand Me Down'?
It should be. People should definitely listen to 'Don't Stand Me Down'. It's the last Dexys Midnight Runners album. It's staggering. It's from 1985 and it's on Mercury/Phonograph, or whatever they're called now. Probably Sony.

No, Noonan, I don't know that song nor that band. Maybe you could send it to us... if you want to!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:53 pm

I don't know about the last album, but make sure you get the first one!
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:16 pm

This is one of my all time favs:

<a href="http://www.savefile.com/files/557917" target="_blank">Tears are in your eyes - Yo La Tengo</a>

beautiful and smooooth

enjoy
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby OrwellThatEndsWell » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:00 pm

'Searching For The Young Soul Rebels', yes. Adrian Thrills, reviewing it in the NME, said: (paraph.) "This is the greatest album that has ever, or will ever be made." Which I've always found funny. It IS one fantastic record, and no mistake, it's just the way that that one bold, confident declaration illustrates so perfectly the relationship between the music scribe and the cocaine.
Dexys, though, seriously: As great and as crucial a British band as The Smiths The Jam The Madness The Attractions Featuring The Elvis Costello or The Special AKA The Specials Featuring Jerry Dammers And His Entertaining Hats. Or The Cure.

No, not The Cure. The Cure are rubbish. The Jesus And Mary Chain broke more new ground with their first two 45's than Joy Division ever did. Little bit of controversy at the end there, see that?
I'll purse it, aye the highway is my hope. His heart's not great that fears a little rope!
OrwellThatEndsWell
Advanced

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat