Led Zeppelin

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Still Ill » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:42 am

So the unlikely can happen with any great group if we wait long enough. (Read between the lines.)
This is big news, at least in the U.S. Were they huge in the UK, I imagine?
I think this is exciting news. What a great way to pay tribute to an icon (Ahmet Ertegun, Atlantic Records).
And not just a short set, but a full set is what I've read. And all this despite a rift within the group. Hm!

I hope they don't play 'Stairway' as an encore.

Off topic, but the other big news is the new Eagles album due out soon...(I duck for cover!) :)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:30 am

i want to go see them but it's so expensive! £125 ($253) per ticket!
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:18 pm

I'd like to go, but there's no way that I am.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:49 am

Most "one off reunion"s end up with a full reunion tour. The classic "we didn't intend to, but when we were on stage the magic was back suddenly...". I've seen it with Bauhaus as well, who also first intended on only one gig and ended up doing a long reunion tour.

We have hopes yes. But on the other hand, perhaps Morrissey is too stubborn (unlike the Led Zeppelin guys) to ever stand on a stage with Mike Joyce again. If there will ever be a Smiths reunion I think it'd only be Moz and Marr and without the remaining part of the original line-up. Well, maybe Andy could be there as well, but I don't see Moz and Mike on the same stage again in their lifetimes.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:50 am

Most "one off reunion"s end up with a full reunion tour. The classic "we didn't intend to, but when we were on stage the magic was back suddenly...". I've seen it with Bauhaus as well, who also first intended on only one gig and ended up doing a long reunion tour.

We have hopes yes. But on the other hand, perhaps Morrissey is too stubborn (unlike the Led Zeppelin guys) to ever stand on a stage with Mike Joyce again. If there will ever be a Smiths reunion I think it'd only be Moz and Marr and without the remaining part of the original line-up. Well, maybe Andy could be there as well, but I don't see Moz and Mike on the same stage again in their lifetimes.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:01 am

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby madmancmonkey » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:22 pm

qaulity band, another I am getting in to at the moment so I don't feel qualified to say I would go and see them live.
madmancmonkey
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:07 am

i saw Page and Plant on tour a few years back. i was far more impressed with Page than Plant--voices go quicker than instrumental talent. but, all things aside, it was a great show, they played plenty of songs i know by heart; which i'm sure they'll do on their new tour.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat