Marilyn Manson?

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Re: Marilyn Manson?

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:15 pm

I really wish they did a European tour now, it would be so amazing to hear those songs from the Portrait/Antichrist Superstar era again, and to see Twiggy back in the line-up. Unfortunetaly they only did a US tour since Twiggy joined again, but I guess the good news of that is that they now take some time off... to record a new album which will be in stores in autumn!! 8)

I wonder if people will re-use the Twiggy Ramirez moniker now or if he will just join Marilyn Manson now as Jeordie White. He has been using his real name for years now, I wonder if he will be happily re-adopting the Twiggy moniker.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Profanity » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:20 pm

I seriously can't wait to hear Twiggy's input on the new album. I was disappointed with EMDM.

Hopefully they'll tour once the album is complete. The thing with Manson is ... you gotta have patience.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
Profanity
Regular

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:58 pm

i prefer the older albums as well, but on the other hand I gotta give Marilyn credit for not copying his own "established" albums and daring to change his style. EMDM was as drastical change lyrically and musically, but it ain't bad that an artist evolves artistically and tries to put variation in his work. EMDM wasn't his masterpiece but it had some good songs. Personally I would like to see the "glam Manson" (Omega/MA era) again.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to Music Chat