"Kissing Just For Practice" - Manchester

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Lazy Line Painter Jamie » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:12 pm

I noticed that B&S have been mentioned by a few people on here so if anyone is in easy reach of Manchester they may be interested in this:

Kissing Just For Practice, a Belle and Sebastian heavy-influenced disco hosted by myself and Dannyboymarsh is being held at The Star & Garter (famous home of the longest-running indie night in Manchester, as well as the monthly Smiths discos), which is on Fairfield Street, facing Piccadilly station.

Friday March 18th (this coming Friday). 10pm-2am, £3.00 (or £2 with a B&S badge) which incudes a free fanzine and badge. If you cannot make it and would like a copy of the fanzine/badge combo, PM me for my address, send me a SAE and I'll be happy to oblige.

As well as Belle & Sebastian, there will be delightful other fey stuff to wiggle your corduroy asses to, such as...

Camera Obscura // // The Smiths // Yo La Tengo // The Arcade Fire // Baxendale // Tompaulin // Felt // The Sea Urchins // Heavenly // The Hidden Cameras // The Field Mice // The Postal Service // Looper // Talulah Gosh // Orange Juice // The Shangri-Las // Assorted Northern Soul & Motown // The Go-Betweens // The Vaselines // Ballboy // Magnetic Fields // The Wedding Present // The Pastels // Aberfeldy // Spearmint // Lush...

I'll post the entire nights tracklisting for people here as well after the weekend.

Jamie
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>"1 beat, 2 beat, 3 beat, sugarbeat
4 beat, 5 beat, 6 beat, wheatabeat
7 beat 8 beat 9 beat, 'artbeat.. my 'art is beating for you... Nice innit?" </span></span>
Lazy Line Painter Jamie
Regular

Return to Music Chat