What from 05 interests you

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby coolymccoolvin » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:43 pm

The albums I have so far, in order of how much I like 'em:

1. Bonnie Prince Billy/ Matt Sweeney- Superwolf: The best thing will oldham has done for a long, long time. It was the first album i've anticipated for a long time, and it was worth it in every way.
2. LCD Soundsystem- LCD Soundsystem: Usually dance-punk and the like isn't my style, but I've got to hand it to them, this is definitely the most fun I've had listening to an album in a while.
3. M. Ward- Transistor Radio: Good album that sounds like you just popped in a great old folk album. Reccomended to any Guthrie/Dylan/Henry Smith's Folk Anthology or even Iron and Wine fan). This guy's pretty consistent though, so if you like his old stuff you'll like this.
4. Fiery Furnaces- EP: Good followup to a great album. These guys are probably the best rock band around now...I love 'em. This 40-some minute "EP" should hold us over til the next full length.
5. Bright Eyes- I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning: I don't like Bright Eyes or his fans, but i like this album. The Emmylou Harris cameo ruled, too.
6. Iron & Wine- Woman King: Eh...I think this guy's going downhill. My favorite of his releases was Creek Drank the Cradle, which i'll always stand by.

Things that I'm interested in:
A new radiohead album sometime...
The wolf parade album
Of Montreal- Sunlandic Twins (I think their last album was a good twist on their old formula and I'd love to see where they take it next)
Last edited by coolymccoolvin on Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolymccoolvin

Postby Lazy Line Painter Jamie » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:40 am

I'll add

The Arcade Fire - "Funeral"
Low - "The Great Destroyer".

Both, amazing albums
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>"1 beat, 2 beat, 3 beat, sugarbeat
4 beat, 5 beat, 6 beat, wheatabeat
7 beat 8 beat 9 beat, 'artbeat.. my 'art is beating for you... Nice innit?" </span></span>
Lazy Line Painter Jamie
Regular

Postby alabaster » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:21 pm

the smiths, the jam, the housemartins, and OMD getting back together, having a big benefit concert, joined on stage by the cure, the libertines, and UB40, and giving all the money they made to me so i can buy my filthy wares.

wait - that never happened. Never mind then!
alabaster

Postby elko » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:48 am

At last, the new British Sea Power album is almost here. 'Open Season', the follow-up to the fantastic 'The Decline Of British Sea Power' will be out on 4th April, and the single 'It Ended On An Oily Stage' is out 21st March.
elko
Site Admin

Return to Music Chat