[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - The Belle & Sebastian Thread

The Belle & Sebastian Thread

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby elko » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:22 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! There's a Bristol ticket going on Bowlie- I'm considering it, but I really have no money.....
elko
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:33 am

I'll try this Belle & Sebastian, the only song I know is Step Into My Office, Baby. Which is a really cool song <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:42 pm

Alex, I was such a late bloomer. I'd long heard about them without taking the time to listen to them. So now I'm having a little fling with them at the moment. I can't stop playing their music!
I guess it's partly to do with their new album and tour. 'Like Dylan in the Movies' and 'If She Wants Me' are only a handful of songs I'm already calling favorites.

So Stef, Stuart crowd-surfed? Lucky you, sounds like it was a great time. I can't wait.

Ellis, try to go! Cook your mum some breakfast in return for a ticket. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> Schmooze! But I guess you have to work fast.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:03 pm

he did indeed! he said it was the first time he;d ever crowd surfed too! did i mention i touched his hair?!! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> you going to see them then?
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:13 pm

Yes, in March in L.A., a 2-hour trip. They play 2 shows, I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet. Lots of the big city gigs are already sold out here in the States. I have floor seats too, so maybe he'll keep the crowd-surfing thing going. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Jan 30 2006, 06:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Jan 30 2006, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ellis, try to go! Cook your mum some breakfast in return for a ticket. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> Schmooze! But I guess you have to work fast. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Haha! That's no use- all my money is going in that direction already! <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:05 pm

If she wants me
Roy Walker
You don't send me
Wrapped up in books

Those are my favorites on Dear catastrophe waitress. I'll get another album now <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
I read an interview today in a dutch music magazine. I was surprised there are seven band members, I actually thought it was just Belle & Sebastian <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> They look like a fun group of people. Nice how they swap instruments when they perform.
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:19 pm

hehe i guess its an easy mistake to make, i think teh name belle and sebastian came from a french kids cartoon, if im not mistaken. theyve also written a story thing about how these characters 'belle and sebastian' meet and form a band, its quite cute, i think its in teh cover of tigernilk but that might also be wrong. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

interesting choices for favourites from dcw! wrapped up in books and if she wants me are fab, but the other two are strange choices! how come you chose those ones? oh and,imo, nothing beats im a cuckoo from dcw <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby weasey » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:05 pm

I went to see Belle and Seb and the Cambridge corn exchange two weeks ago and they were wonderful. I'm not that knowledgable as far as their back catologue is concerned but I am working on it. Stuart came on in a stripy blazer and trilby hat and said 'I feel surrounded by knowledge' (every band who plays the cam corn ex has to mention the whole education thing...I'm sure they find it hilarious)

They played quite a career spanning set and luckily I'd heard the album before it came out so the new ones didn't seem totally alien. Unfortunately there were some very tall gentlemen between me and the stage so I got a bit of a sore neck craning to see between their shoulders. About three quarters of the way through the gig Stuart said 'I'd like to try an experiment' and got all of the men to kneel down so the women could see. Maybe his shortness makes him compassionate....
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Postby Alex » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:58 am

Don't know why I like those songs, they just seem to stand out a little <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:12 pm

Alex, I absolutely love 'You Don't Send Me' along with the others on your list. <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

(March 19 seems so far away!)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:38 pm

wow the gig sounds awesome weasey! loving the sound of murdoch's outfit too <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> but nothing can beat the fact that I RUFFLED HIS HAIR! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:35 am

If I were to start listening seriously to B&S, where should I begin? I've heard that If you're feeling sinister is quite nice.
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:44 am

I started in an unlikely place with Push Barman to Open Old Wounds (a double cd collection of all their EPs), but that's because it was a recent release. The first disc got me hooked on them. My favorites come from half of DCW and half of Tigermilk.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:51 am

I started with If You're Feeling Sinister, seemed to work for me, The Boy With The Arab Strap is also an excellent album...

On another note I still haven't gotten my hand on Tigermilk, I'm missing out.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat