[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - The Belle & Sebastian Thread

The Belle & Sebastian Thread

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Still Ill » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:53 am

Really?
*yawn* good night, Ed! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 am

haha, all down to the joys of being young and un-employed.

night Esther
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:24 pm

You dont have tigermilk???? you crazy person, you need it! its the best album by miles, fantastic stuff, she's losing it,my wandering days are over, classics!

yep id say that tigernilk and sinister are the best startng points.
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:22 pm

Seconded. Tigermilk is incredible. Possibly the most precious record in the world.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Rodchenko » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:27 pm

Alright, I've heard Tigermilk and I quite liked it, though not blown away by it. Should look into sinister and Arab strap (the record, not the band <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->)
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:13 am

Anyone want a free B&S live performance?
Thought so
<a href='http://download.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/asc/live/20060306_asc_bellesebastian.mp3' target='_blank'>Voilla</a>
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:08 pm

I wasn't too crazy about B & S at first, dunno why really. I love them now.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Hey, the new album (The Life Persuit) is amazing!!! It's full of great songs and they are playing really really well. At this right moment, I am listening to 'White Collar Boy'.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:56 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Mozzerella+Mar 10 2006, 08:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mozzerella @ Mar 10 2006, 08:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I wasn't too crazy about B & S at first, dunno why really. I love them now.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Me too! Most 30-second snippets of songs are in the beginning aren't they? Not always a good way to preview a song. So I had to download a few and really listen to the songs-- that's when I felt a pit in my stomach for missing out for so long.

Truman, that song reminds me of 'Panic'. Drum part anyway.

I had to listen to the broadcast because I couldn't save it. I tried again now and I still can't. Errr.
On a good note, 1 week and counting till I see them!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:38 pm

So, in a short while we head off on our little road trip up to L.A. There was a post-show party last night at some club that someone from the band was going to spin records at. Tomorrow there's an in-store signing smack in the middle of the day I'll also miss, as we'll be heading back through thick traffic then. Nice timing. Still, I'm excited.....

Have a good day to anyone out there. I'm SO glad the forum's back up. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Have a ball! And we'll be expecting a full review when you get back... <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:44 pm

Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby scavenger » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:42 pm

Oh, but don't mention love
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again
A rush and a push and the land that
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?