Last.fm

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:23 pm

Pff. I installed this, but where is this pluging to enter my username and password. What's it under? i use itunes. i installed it in itunes. i NOTICE THEY DONT TELL YOU WHERE TO FIND IT!
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:27 pm

im. starting. to. lose. my temper.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:33 pm

Don't, please!
As far as I can remember, after you install it, it automatically provides you with some shortcuts on the desktop; and it should be in the programs section of the Start menu. But you don't really need to locate it on your computer, it transfers the information automatically.
You need to create yourself an account - go to the home page, in the upper right, sign up
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:38 pm

I don't understand computers. I've tried this six times.

Sigh...You have to run it, not save it. (audioscobbler) I mean saving it made sense to me.

Why do they automatically assume that people know this?

Twats. I think i've done it now.

EDIT: No i havent. Badly tagged? Anal retentive BASTARDS.

EDIT: i'm sorry for throwing a tantrum. It more or less works now. I'm iceblinkluck.
Last edited by Alabaster Crashes Down on Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:06 pm

added you all! much happier now.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Alabaster Crashes Down+Dec 18 2005, 03:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alabaster Crashes Down @ Dec 18 2005, 03:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> added you all! much happier now. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Great! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> Everything is good when it ends good, isn't it? <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->

Warning:Alabaster, you have been added.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:26 pm

I like your AS avatar! I've added you.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby HadjiQuest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:30 am

My audioscrobbler is going to buckle under the pressure of my Magnetic Fields collection.

69 love songs, after just a few listens, will crush the spot The Smiths have been holding for months....

Damn.
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:02 am

I'd say the say the same thing about Belle & Sebastian lately. If I update my iPod on AS regularly, my 86 submissions of B&S alone would show staggering results!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:06 pm

It seems my audioscrobbler is still activated, hmmmm, I wasn't paying attention to it, but it seems i've listened to 604 Beatles songs, and only 55 Smith songs, seems as though it hasn't been on all the time. Strange.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-HadjiQuest+Dec 26 2005, 08:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HadjiQuest @ Dec 26 2005, 08:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My audioscrobbler is going to buckle under the pressure of my Magnetic Fields collection.

69 love songs, after just a few listens, will crush the spot The Smiths have been holding for months....

Damn. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hehehe, I know what you mean. <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Mozzerella+Feb 16 2006, 06:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mozzerella @ Feb 16 2006, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-HadjiQuest+Dec 26 2005, 08:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HadjiQuest @ Dec 26 2005, 08:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My audioscrobbler is going to buckle under the pressure of my Magnetic Fields collection.

Damn. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hehehe, I know what you mean. <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
ooh me too, i dont think ill ever just lose interest in the magnetic fields, some truly beautiful songs on that collection ,namely 100,000 fireflies and noone will ever love you, which are just amazing, stephen merrit is a genius if not just for those songs,i dont think theres a more perfect song than 100,000 fireflies, the ultimate break up song,or dancing around to song just always perfect! ahem ,yeah i like them a bit, hehe <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:32 pm

<!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--> ok, so I feel stupid...but what actually is this auidoscrobbler thing?
If someone could explain it slowly using small, monosylabic words that would be great.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:10 pm

I'm definitely not the best person to explain this but Audioscrobbler is a system that creates charts (weekly and overall charts) on the basis of what you've been listening to. (You need to install just a tiny plug-in.) It generates also "neighbours" who share similar taste in music as you.

There's lots of stuff. You can listen to streaming radio, join groups, you get music recommendations etc. It's quite fun.

You can check it out yourself <a href='http://www.last.fm' target='_blank'>here</a>
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:30 pm

Ahhh thank you!

I made a profile, it seems to be working...

my username is Consolidated, if that interests you at all.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat