[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Best Non-Smiths Album Ever?

Best Non-Smiths Album Ever?

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby elko » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:25 pm

YES!
You're right that is an absolute classic album. My favourite songs on that are The Killing Moon, Crown Of Thorns, and oh, I forget the names of the first two tracks but they are both excellent.
What do you think of Crocodiles? I couldn't really get into it.

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby grebes » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:39 pm

Elko, the Bunnies can do no wrong for me. Some of the tracks on there were pretty average, but then came Heaven Up Here - which quite frankly is total class. It was completed so soon after Crocodiles too.

Best live band I have ever seen, and Thorn Of Crowns is great live, with McCulloch crooning and swaping lyrics with other songs. Great lyrics too!
grebes

Postby elko » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:43 pm

I'll be getting Heaven Up Here soon, I am sure. So many CD's to buy <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
BTW, do you have the 25th anniversary version of Ocean Rain? I think that's what it is, and it has bonus tracks on, including an excellent cover of All You Need Is Love.

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby grebes » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:31 pm

Did not go out and get the new remixes / releases of the albums as I had all the tracks anyhow, and money is tight.

All you need is love - came out in the ltd edition seven seas single, it is also on the crystal days box set, which is class. cd4 has the bunnymen live doing various covers by doors, velvets, dylan etc

would encourage buying of cd's, but if you want me to record any bunny albums for you whilst you save up, let me know

cheers
grebes

Postby elko » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:33 pm

Thanks for the offer, but I'm sure the 25th edition of Heaven Up Here is in HMV for about £6, so I'll be fine <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby alabaster » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:21 am

the smiths are the only 'proper band' i listen to..

most of the other stuff i listen to has been dismissed by my peers as 'crap'
alabaster

Postby violaviolet » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:55 pm

next to the smiths, joy division hold my heart. unknown pleasures and closer are both indescribably beautiful.....
Last edited by violaviolet on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shyness is nice...
violaviolet

Postby elko » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:03 pm

I bought Unknown Pleasures the other day, and I've listened to it once. I have to say I wasn't greatly affected, if you don't mind me saying so, the singing sounded somewhat out of tune. I know the lead singer is greatly revered, but I won't judge fully until i've listened to it a few more times <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby violaviolet » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:13 pm

i totally understand. i first bought UP years ago after hearing "Love Will Tear Us Apart." Knowing little about the group, I went into the album thinking it was going to be all bouncy Casio and sing along choruses. Well I'm sure that you can understand my deep disappointment when I heard the disc's droney second track "Day Of The Lords." I cast the cd aside, choosing not to give it away because of it's so called "importance." I went back to it years later, and for some reason, fell in love with it. So give it time elko....it just might surprise you. If not now....then later on.
shyness is nice...
violaviolet

Postby violaviolet » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:39 pm

i can see the simularities tween The Hives and Iggy, especially when Howlin' Pelle struts about on stage like our beloved James Osterberg..
shyness is nice...
violaviolet

Postby violaviolet » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:37 pm

i bet you'll age better than Ig, my friend. Holy mother's milk, but Keith Richards looks the picture of blooming health when compared to Iggy's craggy frame.

* I mean no disrespect there maestro*
shyness is nice...
violaviolet

Postby violaviolet » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:00 pm

i was wondering why you were so silent. it gave me the worries, ya know.
shyness is nice...
violaviolet

Postby violaviolet » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:00 pm

all hunky dory here deary.

by god this place is barren. What gives ???

oh, and even though i've only known of his existence for a day, i'd like to wish elko a happy b-day. over here all you can do when you turn 16 is drive legally. what's magical about turning 16 in the UK ???
Last edited by violaviolet on Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shyness is nice...
violaviolet

Postby Fabienne » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:39 am

<!--QuoteBegin-mazzy+Jun 9 2004, 02:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mazzy @ Jun 9 2004, 02:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hi Fabienne, I love Pulp in general, I think they are great. I used to be real sad fan girl but now they have split up it's more difficult! <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->

What about you, just this album or in general? Other great songs 'My Lighthouse', 'A Little Soul', 'Stacks', lots more..... <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sadly, I just discovered Pulp around the release of "We Love Life". But since then they've turned into one of my all-time top 3 bands..

My favourite Pulp song is "Razzmatazz"! I can listen to it for hours without getting bored... <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Fabienne
Regular

Postby elko » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:26 pm

yeah, sorry this place is somewhat deserted, I was about to abandon it to be honest. I've just listed it on a couple more sites, and thats all I can do now.
Please stick around, and thanks for the birthday returns <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

elko
elko
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat