[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Mixtape Swap

Mixtape Swap

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:09 pm

Oooh I wouldn't mind taking part, providing my brother is willing to show me how to rip CD's....might be fun....
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:42 pm

if you have windows media player you can rip cd through that
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:54 am

Yeah i explained the situation to my bro who pointe out how stupid I am in that I prob knew how to do it already...damnit!!

so how does this swoppage work again? do you pick you favourite songs and post it to someone random....?? I be clueless but entirely willing!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:33 pm

That's pretty much it.

We'd sort out some sort of rota I think to ensure you send it to someone different everytime.

It needn't be your very favourite songs (for instance, there wouldn't be much point in putting 'The Queen Is Dead' on there), but just some interesting tracks you think someone might enjoy.

Five confirmed entrants now, what would people say is a sensible number to try? Ten? Twelve? You tell me....
elko
Site Admin

Postby clarky » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:36 pm

clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:33 pm

I'm always low on funds but should be able to join in with this...
Count me in.
Last edited by The Boy with a thorn in his side on Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:27 pm

Haven't thought too much about the particulars. Clarky brought up a good point, even numbers. But should it not matter? Everyone gets matched up to someone, right? Does the same mix go to the next person down the road? I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but the little details could put a kink on the whole process.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:55 pm

I'm in, having had it explained to me in idiot-proof detail last night (thanks Elko!). Already working out what I'm going to inflict on you poor unfortunates!
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:19 pm

Right, that's 7 then. I think 10 would be a nice number to start with.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:40 pm

So at what part of the organization process are we?
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:45 pm

Well, I think we are at the point where we need more people to make it start.
elko
Site Admin

Postby elko » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:01 am

There must be more people who'd be up for this, 'specially now as there are more people. I do think it's a good idea.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:16 am

Do they have to be ten? I mean, what we need is an even number, I guess it may work with 6 or 8 people?
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:36 pm

Good thought Ruby, I mean at this rate, we'll never get this started. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> Who has experience with setting up mixtapes, elko? Anyone else? I'm basically waiting to get pushed in the right direction with this. Is there another way to pin this topic? Though I'm guessing if people are interested in this, they'll read this thread.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:10 pm

Eight would be fine, I notice Matt isn't on the list, maybe he'd get involved.
elko
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat