[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - What Other Band Is The Greatest?

What Other Band Is The Greatest?

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby This Bird has Flown » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:19 pm

Hello,
I like too see what other bands people like apart from The Smiths <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
This Bird has Flown
Advanced

Postby elko » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:11 pm

I quite like this cult band called The Beatles.

They were from Liverpool, which is a town in England, but were not really very well known outside the USA.

I guess that's why you didn't put them on your poll.....<!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Last edited by elko on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:31 pm

Yeh, but I don't think Chrisseh really likes the beatles. By the way, she will only post like once a week because she has to use a computer in a library because her one at home totally shit up on her.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:22 pm

well from that list i would say the clash,no contest! joy division would come after the smiths thoug. and i would also put the manics on that list but i doubt many people will agree with that! and belle and sebastian!!!! how could i forget! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:33 am

out of that list id probably say the clash, personal choice id probably say early oasis
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:03 pm

I'll ask her to put up some more bands actually, there is such a wider range than that, although I shiver with the thought of 'McFly' being on her list, but she will annoy me by not putting the 'Kings of Leon' up there.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:50 am

The Clash, but it's quite a random listing. (Hey, I don't remember seeing Morrissey's name on there.)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mrs Shankly » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:57 pm

From that list, either Pixies or The Clash. I'd also like to mention The Cure, Blondie, Belle & Seb and Joy Division <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
And if you have five seconds to spare, then I'll tell you the story of my life
Mrs Shankly

Postby rubygirl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:19 pm

Most likely The Pixies from the ones listed, though I also like The Clash quite a lot. In fact there are songs I like by each and every one of these bands, so it's not an easy choice. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Mrs Shankly+Jun 21 2005, 04:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mrs Shankly @ Jun 21 2005, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> From that list, either Pixies or The Clash. I'd also like to mention The Cure, Blondie, Belle & Seb and Joy Division <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
ahh great minds think alike! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Jun 22 2005, 03:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Jun 22 2005, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Mrs Shankly+Jun 21 2005, 04:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mrs Shankly @ Jun 21 2005, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> From that list, either Pixies or The Clash. I'd also like to mention The Cure, Blondie, Belle & Seb and Joy Division  <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
ahh great minds think alike! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Blatantly.
I would also put New Order on that list... sure they've put out some complete crap but technique and get ready are two of my favourite albums ever, and Blue Monday is actually amazing.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:48 pm

hmm never got into new order,more of a joy division girl myself <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby alabaster » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:17 am

the housemartins, or the Jam!
alabaster

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Jun 23 2005, 07:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Jun 23 2005, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hmm never got into new order,more of a joy division girl myself <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Both are excellent, but joy division had already been mentioned. I like both for different reasons.

I would also like to say, DINOSAUR JR. Amazing, any other fans on here?

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->the Jam<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Very good choice
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:20 pm

i quite like new order <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> haven't heard enough to say how great they are though <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Music Chat