[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Has Anyone Heard Of...

Has Anyone Heard Of...

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Nobody's Nothing » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:29 am

<!--emo&:guitar:-->Image<!--endemo--> Has anyone here happened to have heard of an Aussie band called The Cockroaches? I'm dying to get more material from them (ie: music videos), but since I'm in the USA, I pretty much have no luck. <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> So anyway, I was hoping there was someone here who could maybe help me out? Or even to just chat about them? <!--emo&:music:-->Image<!--endemo--> Anyone? Pwee?

~Amy~
Nobody's Nothing

Location: Southern California (where the ground moves and the traffic doesn't)

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:23 am

hmm that name almost sounds familiar but im not sure! i will search around! did they have any big hits?
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:58 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Nobody's Nothing+Jul 14 2005, 06:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nobody's Nothing @ Jul 14 2005, 06:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--emo&:guitar:-->Image<!--endemo--> Has anyone here happened to have heard of an Aussie band called The Cockroaches? I'm dying to get more material from them (ie: music videos), but since I'm in the USA, I pretty much have no luck. <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> So anyway, I was hoping there was someone here who could maybe help me out? Or even to just chat about them? <!--emo&:music:-->Image<!--endemo--> Anyone? Pwee?

~Amy~ <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd love to help but I don't really know them at all. I just did a search on 360Share and nothing came up. Ho-hum. But I'll tryagain later.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:13 pm

Apparently they were an R&B band (of the old definition) around in the eighties. AMG doesn't really say any more than that.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:24 pm

Thanks. Well, I've managed to locate two tracks for download, but I can't get them yet. Something tells me it could be a long wait.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nobody's Nothing » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Jul 14 2005, 04:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Jul 14 2005, 04:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hmm that name almost sounds familiar but im not sure! i will search around! did they have any big hits?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
A few of their hits included She's The One, Double Shot Of My Baby's Love, and Hey What Now. They're pretty hard to find on any P2P network, but I can send you a song or two, if you'd like.

~Amy~
Nobody's Nothing

Postby Still Ill » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:02 pm

Hi Amy
Any luck in your search? Haven't looked into the group, how would you describe their music?
Welcome back, by the way-
Last edited by Still Ill on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nobody's Nothing » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:02 pm

Oh yeah... and here's a website created by one of the members:

<a href='http://www.thecockroaches.com' target='_blank'>http://www.thecockroaches.com</a>

Not sure that will help you at all, but there's a little blurb written by the lead singer, Paul Field.

~Amy~
Nobody's Nothing

Postby Nobody's Nothing » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Jul 15 2005, 03:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Jul 15 2005, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Amy
Any luck in your search? Haven't looked into the group, how would you describe their music?
Welcome back, by the way-<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I guess they're kind of your average rock band. Heavily inspired by The Rolling Stones and other early rock bands. No luck in my search, yet. <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> And thanks! <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

~Amy~
Nobody's Nothing

Postby Still Ill » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:21 pm

It's a bit of a bummer liking a group that's not readily accessible. But think of the alternative, big and famous and loved by everybody, oh no! That's not always appealing to me! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nobody's Nothing » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Jul 15 2005, 03:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Jul 15 2005, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It's a bit of a bummer liking a group that's not readily accessible. But think of the alternative, big and famous and loved by everybody, oh no!  That's not always appealing to me!  <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It IS a BIG bummer!! But yeah, I'm with you... I'm not all for what everybody else in the world likes just because everybody else in the world likes it. Ya know?

~Amy~
Nobody's Nothing

Postby Still Ill » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:14 am

Happy Birthday to you Nobody's Nothing. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby bernie brown » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:09 am

being from Australia I remember when they were around in the 80's but i wasn't a huge fan. A couple of the boys from the Cockroaches have gone on to bigger fame and fortune as The WIGGLES. Yes no joke. Paul the lead singer was definitely in the Cockroaches back in the 80's and I''m sure at least one other member is in the Wiggles too. I assume you know who the Wiggles are...the biggest supergroup for tiny totts and kinder kiddies ever...now franchised around the world. Chugga chugga chugga chugga Big red car.....
the only Smiths fan in the village
bernie brown
Advanced

Return to Music Chat