Music-Map

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Still Ill » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:34 pm

I came across the site as I was doing some searches. Has anybody seen this? It's a cool interactive site that searches out new/similar music. On this page (searching The Auteurs) there's quite a few bands most of us have mentioned, including of course The Smiths! Click around for connections. Also click on 'music' near the header and it'll give you a brief description of the site.

<a href='http://www.music-map.com/the+auteurs.html' target='_blank'>Music-Map</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:40 pm

And I click on Delgados (that's for you Domestique) and look at all the names that crop up. Well, my Trashies are listed too. This is too much fun. Okay, I only had 5 seconds to spare...
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl (Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:10 am

wow how fun is that?! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> i typed in belle and sebastian and i love all of the bands that come up, amazing! and the smiths come up on every option i clicked, hmm i sense a theme!
this_charming_girl (Guest

Postby elko » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:41 am

Looks pretty cool, I did laugh at the shock of Morrissey being so closely tied to the Smiths <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->

All the band I like are on the Neutral Milk Hotel page, pretty much.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Jul 17 2005, 12:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Jul 17 2005, 12:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And I click on Delgados (that's for you Domestique) and look at all the names that crop up. Well, my Trashies are listed too. This is too much fun. Okay, I only had 5 seconds to spare...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wow! The Delgados search has spooked me a bit-look how close Super Furry Animals and the Kinks are. And Broadcast-whom I'd thought nobody had heard of but me. It's enough to make you look over your shoulder! <!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo--> Anyway, thanks for discovering that-hours of innocent fun on the way I think <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat