[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - British Sea Power

British Sea Power

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby elko » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:57 pm

You seem to be more into them than me, which one is Eamonn in that pic above - he's the singer of Brakes, right?

(BTW, heard some of it, Pick Up The Phone is ace, not so keen on it generally. Throwaway, but I guess that was the intention.)
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:28 pm

Eamon's the one on the top right. I wouldn't exactly call him a singer though. <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> That wasn't fair. He's great on keyboards with BSP. Don't know what his role is in The Brakes though. Been meaning to read some of their interviews.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:37 pm

Another streaming video from Nov 04 in The Netherlands.
Click on Video On Demand, sort by Band and voila. I haven't had the chance to see all of it yet.

Hi Ed, you're just in time. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

<a href='http://www.fabchannel.com/' target='_blank'>link</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:33 pm

Ahh wonderful! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Thank you very much Still_Ill!

Just a thought, does Yan's stage presence remind anyone else of a more reserved Ian Curtis? Just something to do with the glazed look and stiff movements.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:14 am

I also attribute it to both their handsome clean-cut looks! But yes, more reserved.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:15 am

A new split 7" from BSP, with none other then The Wurzels!

("Who", you ask? Only the South-West's finest cider-based OAP folksters! They could have been bigger than The Beatles, and for a short time, they actually were...)

See <a href='http://britishseapower.co.uk/news.htm' target='_blank'>http://britishseapower.co.uk/news.htm</a> for more.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:14 am

I love this band... Open Season is one of my favourite new albums, it sounds incredible, and that guy knows very well how to sing softly, he has been whispering in my ears since I got this record.

-Took a pill last night
Just to get to sleep
Put me on my back
Not on my feet
Propylene across your eyes
To take me to the land of sighs

That's a very beautiful and simple way to start a great song.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:10 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Truman Capote+Jan 10 2006, 06:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Truman Capote @ Jan 10 2006, 06:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I love this band... Open Season is one of my favourite new albums, it sounds incredible, and that guy knows very well how to sing softly, he has been whispering in my ears since I got this record.

-Took a pill last night
Just to get to sleep
Put me on my back
Not on my feet
Propylene across your eyes
To take me to the land of sighs

That's a very beautiful and simple way to start a great song.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree!
With everything you've said. I want to steal your quote about him singing softly and whispering in your ears. Beautifully said. Beautiful music.
(I've always thought 'To Get To Sleep' was a cousin to the Smiths' 'You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby'.)

Ellis, only BSP can make that kind of collaboration-- The Wurzels! I didn't have a clue about them, but I quickly learned why!!! Ha ha, bigger than the Beatles... <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:20 pm

So Eamon has left the band to stay on with the Brakes. Who will create those swirling keyboard and string arrangements? <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:25 pm

Maybe I should apply.... <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:30 am

"Of course, Eamon's departure creates the most exciting vacancy in rock since 1998. BSP will soon announce a nationwide series of open auditions for the post, while early frontrunners for the job include Charlotte Church and Frodo, the up-front alpha-male on BBC1's Chimp Week."

Never say never!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to Music Chat