[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - The MP3 Thread

The MP3 Thread

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby elko » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:39 pm

This is an idea I half nicked from somewhere else, but the basic premise is that, using <a href='http://www.yousendit.com' target='_blank'>YouSendIt</a> or <a href='http://www.megaupload.com' target='_blank'>MegaUpload</a>, you post a song people might like.

Like a recommendation, but without the bother of someone having to look for it.
It's just something to pass the time.

Obviously I'll start...something nice:-

<a href='http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BWL2KXR54X3H21V8QPURIQOHT' target='_blank'>'Rip It Up', by Orange Juice.</a>
Last edited by elko on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:02 pm

What a great idea! Uh, oh, I can just see it's an easy way to get the mix-tape thing sidelined! Oh well, nothing better than instant gratification! I predict a lot of traffic on this thread!

Also, isn't anything that's posted through these sites only available for a limited time?
Last edited by Still Ill on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:04 pm

It's a week, I think, but that's sort of the point. Just grab the most recent couple.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Aug 24 2005, 07:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Aug 24 2005, 07:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Obviously I'll start...something nice:-

<a href='http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BWL2KXR54X3H21V8QPURIQOHT' target='_blank'>'Rip It Up', by Orange Juice.</a><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeay!

And on that note I've got to get back to the task at hand. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->

<!--emo&:guitar:-->Image<!--endemo--> Whistle while you work.....
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:25 pm

This sounds like a good idea to me
<!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:38 am

So elko, I've never used YouSendit. It says you link it to an email addy? How'd you link it up here? <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:55 am

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> So elko, I've never used YouSendit. It says you link it to an email addy? How'd you link it up here? ph34r.gif<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
After you attach the file, it shows you the link - so you can copy it and paste it here.
Very good idea for a thread indeed <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Let me join with this number I am particularly fond of:
<a href='http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SCEN5TNXQ7DV22F8UMW5735NV' target='_blank'>The Primitives, 'Crash'</a>
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:16 pm

I really liked this song when it first came out, then they disappeared. I actually heard them on the radio not long ago, and caught the video on last night. Hence,

<a href='http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z13H44EGS68N1EKCYAOE7XMGX' target='_blank'>Birth, School, Work, Death - The Godfathers</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:41 am

The Godfathers:- First impression, the music could be from a Moz solo track. Lyrics don't quite match him though. The band sound English (?), but I've never heard of them.

The Primitives:- Class. Stuck halfway between punk and C86. It's pretty easy to like.

<a href='http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21TF0UB23GUAX0WQU67GP90PHB' target='_blank'>'Let's Stay Together', Cee-Lo</a>

Reminds me of good soul, but it's a modern song (that, strangely, rips off Oasis!). From a great album, by the way.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:32 am

I haven't heard of The Godfathers or Cee-Lo before, but I did enjoy those tracks a lot. :P

Here is something from the band I've been mentioning from time to time, Shivaree:

<a href="http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OHCRMGIZ3OJO12OWZHMV3966O" target="_blank">I Close My Eyes</a>
Last edited by rubygirl on Wed May 24, 2006 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Aug 27 2005, 01:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Aug 27 2005, 01:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The Godfathers:- First impression, the music could be from a Moz solo track. Lyrics don't quite match him though. The band sound English (?), but I've never heard of them.

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They're from London. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> They put out 2 albums out in the mid 80's, none of their other 'hits' were as catchy for me as this one was. They never made it big. One hit wonder in my book. and nothing like a Moz track, imo.

On to hear another one....
Um, what addy are you guy's using? You do have to use one first to get the link. I used my own. Help?
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:16 pm

I use my hotmail account that I never check, cos it gives you a link to the file anyway.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:29 pm

Err. Not the answer I was looking for.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:36 pm

One more for the road, in my continued quest to turn someone on to one of my favorite bands <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

<a href='http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MB8D9K5GJLHZ0CBQ9BNZ26RZS' target='_blank'>I'm Immortal - The Trashcan Sinatras</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:33 pm

Okay, I got these ages ago and forgot to comment. Both very pretty, although to be honest nothing that would really make me sit up, as it were.

This song is by The Unicorns. They've split up now, but were possibly the only interesting band of this millenium. It's fun, and personally I think fun is underrated in music.

<a href='http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HCC7QDKTT9KA3O134CUH0SHV5' target='_blank'>http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HCC7QD...KA3O134CUH0SHV5</a>
elko
Site Admin

Next

Return to Music Chat