[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - vote for the greatest albums ever

vote for the greatest albums ever

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby helmoz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:51 pm

go to http://www.q4music.com and vote for up to 5 of the greatest albums ever...

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:23 pm

woo i have voted, my choices were:

1. the smiths - queen is dead
2. joy division - unknown pleasures
3. the clash-london calling
4. belle and sebsatian - if youre feeling sinister
5. manics-holy bible
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:47 pm

'In The Aeroplane Over The Sea', NMH
'The Queen Is Dead', Smiths
'Hex Enduction Hour', Fall
'Ocean Rain', Echo & The Bunnymen
'From The Lions Mouth', Sound

In that order, voted.

Went for the popular choices, obviously, to influence the vote.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:04 pm

I'm obviously missing something with this Belle and Sebastian and Neutral Milk Hotel.
Good to see 'The Queen is Dead' voted for Elko (soon to be getting teabags).
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:44 pm

For real?

Oh my, how exciting, and how well timed! We've just got through the one box of PGs we had.

I'll be sure to reply in kind. Or rather, in kindness; just sending you them back would rather defeat the object.

I'll be sure to launch some NMH towards you, in fact.
Last edited by elko on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:20 am

Can you bloody believe it! I couldn't think of five albums I can rate that high <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo-->
I realized that I listen to whole albums so rarely, that the number of albums I properly know - meaning 'am familiar with each and every song' - is relatively small. And it won't be fair to draw conclusions about albums from my impressions of 5-6 songs, or to vote for what has captured my attention recently...
God, what an idiot I can be! <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo-->

So, after much consideration I voted only for two, not five - The Queen Is Dead and Strangeways. I do reckon they are some of the best records ever produced, besides we all should make whatever we can so The Smiths could receive more votes.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:30 pm

If anyone else is struggling to fill the five (unlikely, I know), please pretty please stick NMH in there.

This previous top fifty list they did (like, three years ago), they mocked the one person who voted for 'In The Aeroplane...'. I'd like to know who that person was, but I'd like more to see it get in the list and be able to laugh at Q a little more.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Sep 8 2005, 01:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Sep 8 2005, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If anyone else is struggling to fill the five (unlikely, I know),

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
'Unlikely, you know'... <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo--> Don't you mock me; I know this sounded ridiculous,but the point is that I am aware of my problems and am working on myself <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->please pretty please stick NMH in there.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yes, I could have done that at least...but it is indeed the more idiotic part of me that is functioning today.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:55 pm

Hmmmmm.............

Top 3 (5 is impossible!)

1. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
2. The Smiths - Meat is Murder
3. Oasis - (Whats the story) morning glory?
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Sep 8 2005, 09:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Sep 8 2005, 09:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Can you bloody believe it! I couldn't think of five albums I can rate that high <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree with you. I can name 5 favorite albums, but the best albums ever. That's of epic porportions, not to mention you have to qualify them as well. That's going to take some careful thought. <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--> No doubt TQID is up there.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Xuu » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:14 am

if i can only own a few albums...let's see

Laura Nyro - New York Tendaberry
Laura Nyro - Eli & The Thirteenth Confession
PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs
Xuu
Supreme

Postby Xuu » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:48 am

Xuu
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:41 pm

1. Echo & The Bunnymen - Ocean Rain
2. Placebo - Without you I'm nothing
3. Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen

the rest depends on my mood.
Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat