Perfect songs........

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Oct 4 2005, 07:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Oct 4 2005, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> but it doesnt need an explanation! it is just perfect, there is no other way to say it, nothing about it is over the top or unnecessary and its just beautiful and wonderful and..perfect! (and u chose oasis anyway so joy division is the clear winner there!) <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"rude!!!". There should be a 'tongue into chin' emoticon, quite a popular face I pull, especially in this case.
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Oct 4 2005, 07:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Oct 4 2005, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> (and u chose oasis anyway so joy division is the clear winner there!) <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Opinions are so welcome, but mine wasn't? Let me remind you "Yes, it really does." was my opinion, strange, but lets not get into an arguement.
Oh and the song DOES need an explanation, because I said in the topic explanation "What makes it so?", but fair enough, you think it's perfect, I do like it.
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:01 pm

C'mon, drop the handbags, folks.

I'll add 'Paranoid Android' into the mix. I can't think of any other song of that length that never comes close to being boring, and combines so many sections into such a cohesive song.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:14 pm

The Smiths - Hand in Glove

A love song, what more can I say.....
As much as this reflects on love as a whole, I also find it reminds us of the love Marr and Morrissey once had.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:01 pm

the beatles-in my life

the rolling stones-jumping jack flash

queen-bohemium rhapsody

the clash-rudy cant fail

a few off the top of my head
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:08 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Oct 5 2005, 03:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Oct 5 2005, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Oct 4 2005, 07:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Oct 4 2005, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> (and u chose oasis anyway so joy division is the clear winner there!) <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Opinions are so welcome, but mine wasn't? Let me remind you "Yes, it really does." was my opinion, strange, but lets not get into an arguement.
Oh and the song DOES need an explanation, because I said in the topic explanation "What makes it so?", but fair enough, you think it's perfect, I do like it. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
eek hey i wasnt starting an argument! be calm!! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:13 pm

oh also, i would like to add Belle and Sebastian - the state i am in or actualy really just any b+s song, bacuse they are all perfect. wonderful, beautiful music and of course the fabulous vocals of the legend who is Stuart Murdoch! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

oooh and also, Radiohead - High And Dry and No Suprises. no explanation there, its radiohead, they are just amazing, classic songs, Thom Yorke's voice can make any song awesome! (imo!)

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:18 pm

Musical taste is, of course, subjective.
There shouldn't really be arguments in this topic because there is no "perfect-o-meter"

A britney spears song might be perfect to a 9 year old school girl, while you or I may not be able to stand it. Its all relative I guess.

Tangled Up In Blue springs to mind
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Oct 5 2005, 12:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Oct 5 2005, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(BTW there's a subtle difference between the American and British meaning for 'fanny', I don't know if you're aware of this. And while we're at it we'll have a capital on our Queen, please!)<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Uh, I got curious, and according to my trusted british slang dictionary (peevish.co.uk for anyone remotely interested) well, anyway, subtle difference?!!!! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

I really tried to follow how those comments by Matt and Charming Girl actually came close to an argument.....I failed somehow.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Oct 5 2005, 10:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Oct 5 2005, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I really tried to follow how those comments by Matt and Charming Girl actually came close to an argument.....I failed somehow. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
hehe youreguess is as good as mine!

this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-The Boy with a thorn in his side+Oct 5 2005, 06:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Boy with a thorn in his side @ Oct 5 2005, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Musical taste is, of course, subjective.
A britney spears song might be perfect to a 9 year old school girl, while you or I may not be able to stand it. Its all relative I guess.

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Right. That's what I think too.
This is the reason I am always having a hard time picking up a 'perfect' song or album - perfect for what, I mean even my most favourite things affect me in different manner in different context. It's too damn relative to be concrete, like at times I would say Greensleeves is a perfect song to me.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mr-Shankly » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:01 pm

Jefferson airplane- White Rabbit.
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Oct 6 2005, 01:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Oct 6 2005, 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Oct 5 2005, 10:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Oct 5 2005, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I really tried to follow how those comments by Matt and Charming Girl actually came close to an argument.....I failed somehow. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
hehe youreguess is as good as mine! <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sorry about that, it wasn't REALLY an arguement, just an errrr....... I don't know, but thischarminggirl, i'm sorry muchly . <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:08 am

A song i would personally call perfect at this stage is Go or Go Ahead by Rufus Wainwright: the track's structure, the chord progression is simply amazing... the tune 'unfolds' and 'broadens' and grows 'wider'; the subtle beginning and then that dramatism, both in the music and lyrics - words can hardly express my admiration for this song.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Perfect Drug » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:13 pm

New Order - Temptation
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>At all events when, after many hours, the door was opened and people thronged in, they found the murderer unconscious and in a raging fever. The prince was sitting by him, motionless, and each time that the sick man gave a laugh, or a shout, he hastened to pass his own trembling hand over his companion's hair and cheeks, as though trying to soothe and quiet him. But alas he understood nothing of what was said to him, and recognized none of those who surrounded him.</span>
Perfect Drug
Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat