[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Arctic Monkeys

Arctic Monkeys

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Domestique » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Mar 5 2006, 09:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Mar 5 2006, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Let me just say that a lot of people are aggravated by his voice. If you listen carefully, he's not out of tune, he just has his own way of singing. Not beautiful, just distinct. I can name loads of singers who don't have a great voice.

Why are they hated so much? Because they're getting all this attention in the media? I'm really curious.  <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo--> Okay, I think I've had all to say about these guys.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think you're spot-on; if people didn't feel they'd been having them forced down their throats for the past 6 months they'd either like them or not and leave it at that. Nobody likes to feel they're being told what to like, do they?

Personally, I didn't like the ...Dancefloor single but I bought the album just in case I was missing out on something (Hey, I never said I was immune to hype!). And it was no better or worse than a hundred albums I've bought in the last couple of years - 4 or 5 songs I really like and the rest I could happily live without. I think lyrically they have something in that tradition of Ray Davies, Paul Weller, Morrissey (yes!), and Jarvis Cocker, with a bit of Mike Skinner thrown into the mix. And that's interesting in the sense of seeing how it might develop.

But really, there's nothing there for people to be getting their knickers in a twist about either way; it's obviously not the best British debut album of all time, but neither is it the worst thing since Coldplay's last effort escaped.

So if you want something to vent your spleen on, I know where Bono lives. Any takers? <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Mar 5 2006, 10:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Mar 5 2006, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So if you want something to vent your spleen on, I know where Bono lives. Any takers?  <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think if you address your hate-mail to:

Bono
c/o God

It'll get there.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Mar 5 2006, 11:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Mar 5 2006, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Mar 5 2006, 10:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Mar 5 2006, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So if you want something to vent your spleen on, I know where Bono lives. Any takers?  <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think if you address your hate-mail to:

Bono
c/o God

It'll get there. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Naw, it's God, c/o Bono...
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:41 pm

I don't particularly like the Arctic Monkeys. I think they're boring.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:41 pm

i like them....

thats right, come get me
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sally Simpson » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:23 pm

I like them too, but there´s just too much hype
And it don´t mean I don´t love you,when I put a gun to your face
Sally Simpson
Advanced

Postby Bref » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:33 pm

Me too, good lyrics,catchy tunes and a decent debut.
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Ok, listening to this 'When The Sun Goes Down', they're fuckin' cool! They'd be great live i'm, good job I might be going the Leeds festival.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:56 pm

mardy bum is their finest moment.
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:14 pm

i always felt a certain romance was there finest moment
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby rEEdy^^ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:57 pm

'still take you home' <3
rEEdy^^
Supreme

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:39 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rodchenko+Mar 9 2006, 04:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodchenko @ Mar 9 2006, 04:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> mardy bum is their finest moment. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I concur
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby JaneSays » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:34 am

I agree with clarky, a certain romance is my favourite.
JaneSays
Supreme

Postby clarky » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:05 am

<!--QuoteBegin-rEEdy^^+Mar 9 2006, 11:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEEdy^^ @ Mar 9 2006, 11:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 'still take you home' <3 <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
apparently it will be the title track of a new ep for them
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:35 pm

They truly are amazing. The best band alive at the moment... And still I haven't purchased the album. I must be a fool through and through
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat