[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Spoon

Spoon

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Still Ill » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:36 am

This band has really caught my eye in the last year or so. I like 'em a lot.
Any thoughts? I like their new single Sister Jack just released.
I have one of their older albums, but I've taken a keen interest in them recently, and they're playing a gig here on my birthday. (Wondering if I should make an attempt to go!)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:04 am

A gig on your birthday? Well, that's just fate, and of course you should make every effort to go.

I like one song, 'I Turn My Camera On', but never got into the rest. I'm sure they're good though.
elko
Site Admin

Postby scavenger » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:22 am

I love spoon. this past summer they played a festival i went to and they put on a pretty good show. (What's really lovely is that i met them afterward <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> ) Anyway, you should definitely go, i wasnt that into them when i saw them, but now I love them. Im curious to know who they are playing with at this show on your b'day.
Oh, but don't mention love
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again
A rush and a push and the land that
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
And people who are weaker than you or I
They take what they want from life
scavenger
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:12 pm

They're playing with American Music Club. Never heard of them. Tomorrow they play in Vegas with the Flaming Lips, Shins, and Arcade Fire. Damn!

I really like 'Take The Fifth' from Girls Can Tell and the new one 'Sister Jack' (if you don't mind the Tom Petty influence clearly on that one. I don't!) I have Kill the Moonlight, which is not bad at all. Looking to get another one of theirs. But my wish list of albums continues to grow.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:14 pm

American Music Club are pretty good, actually. Americana sort of thing.
elko
Site Admin

Postby helmoz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:48 pm

never heard of them before, but seeing as theyre called SPOON lol they must be good! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby HadjiQuest » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:00 am

I saw a bit of them at a festival over the weekend. They pulled a good crowd despite the fact that the Festival headliners were lined up to play right after them, at the venue's other stage (which wasn't terribly far away; so alot of people had begun lining up). It was an alright show, but after seeing how great some of the performers were live, and expecting alot more from a band that sounds so energetic on their recordings, I was kind of disapointed.
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby elko » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:24 pm

elko
Site Admin

Postby HadjiQuest » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:01 am

HadjiQuest
Supreme

Return to Music Chat