[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Lyric game

Lyric game

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:29 pm

I'll say a line from a song, then you carry on with the next line, then you pick a song to take a line from and the next person......etc.

"It's a steady job,"
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:41 pm

''...but he wants to be a paperback writer!"

Is there meant to be any connection, Matt?

I assume not, so I'll go with this one:

"I am human and I need to be loved....."
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Nov 13 2005, 09:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Nov 13 2005, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> "I am human and I need to be loved....." <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
"just like everybody else does!"

Nah no connections! (if you don't want) <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

"how many roads does a man walk down....."
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby scavenger » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:56 am

"before they call him a man" (I lurve dylan!)

theres no connection to blowin in the wind, so...
"even if I could hear what you said I doubt my reply would be interesting for you to hear"

hmm, i wonder if anyone will know this one <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Oh, but don't mention love
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again
A rush and a push and the land that
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
And people who are weaker than you or I
They take what they want from life
scavenger
Supreme

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:20 pm

'because i havnt read a single book all year, and the only film i saw i didnt like it at all'

woo kings of convenience, and my personal favourite of theirs!

'i travelled far and wide and unknown martyrs died, what did you see there?'
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby scavenger » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:47 pm

"I saw the one sided trials. What did you see there? I saw the tears as they cried"

some may say these two bands are semi related <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo-->

"My best friend's a butcher, he has sixteen knives"
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
scavenger
Supreme

Postby this_charming_girl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:45 pm

"he carries them all over town, atleast he tries"

definately a connection there, but i cant think of any so ill pick a random one!

"i backed my car into a cop car the other day"

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby scavenger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:25 pm

"Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok"

theres no connection but <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

"Four score years, living in this rain swept town"
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
scavenger
Supreme

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-scavenger+Nov 15 2005, 10:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scavenger @ Nov 15 2005, 10:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> "Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok"

"Four score years, living in this rain swept town" <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I feel rather inadequate in this topic now, I might get something in page 50 <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:04 am

(I don't know any of this music... I guess I am a teensy bit too punk rock for most of it ^^;;;)
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:05 pm

^^^ I don't know any of this music as well, apart form HSIN, of course
(hangs head down in shame)

And I don't think I really understand the rules of this lyric game...
(head even lower down)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Nov 17 2005, 12:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Nov 17 2005, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ^^^ I don't know any of this music as well, apart form HSIN, of course
(hangs head down in shame)

And I don't think I really understand the rules of this lyric game...
(head even lower down) <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ruby, it's quite simple (well, it is if you know the song from which lyric was originated <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->)

Like, I quote Weezer in this case (me and Anne we're talking about them last night <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> so here we go):

"Weee oooh I look just like........"

and you being a fan would continue it in the next post with:

"Buddy Holly, uhh ohh and you're Mary Tyler Moore!"

Then you could qoute another Weezer song (if you want to):

"On an island in the sun, we'll be playing and....."

Then someone like I could come along and post:

"having fun, and it makes me feel so fun...."

You see?
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-scavenger+Nov 15 2005, 10:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scavenger @ Nov 15 2005, 10:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> "Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok"

"Four score years, living in this rain swept town" <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
"sea salt tears swim round as the rain comes down" <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

ohh i get it, there has to be a link - here you go!

"theres nothing i wouldnt do save lay my rifle down"

this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:47 pm

and try one, and try two, guess it always comes down to
alright, it's okay, guess it's better to turn this way

On a similarly calm-song dealie-o

Sat by the river and it made me complete.
Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:48 pm

I think I might just clearly suck at this. <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> Would it be better if the song was included? I guess that'd defeat the whole purpose...
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Music Chat