[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Eels

Eels

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:39 am

My brother bought me 'Daisies of the galaxy' for christmas (for not having enough "melancholy in my collection"). It's brilliant! And 'Novacaine for the soul' is just class, what d'you think?
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:11 am

Electro-shock blues, that one's really really sad. And Dead of winter, that might be the saddest song on it.
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:21 pm

Electro-Shock Blues is a masterpiece, no denying it. Blinking Lights... is also very good.

One of my favourite bands, I've liked them for so, so long.
elko
Site Admin

Postby shoeless child » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:51 pm

I have Blinking Lights. I love the songs "railroad man" and "checkout blues".
shoeless child
Supreme

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:46 pm

FIIIIIIIT.

wait, was i meant to say more than that?

the main album i've heard is electro shock blues and i love last stop:this town, elizabeth on the bathroom floor and cancer for the cure. I heard one of their other albums a while back but i can't remember which one it was...wasn't as good as ESB though, not a chance! <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Marcz » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:50 pm

ALL Eels Albums are great, that's a fact, but Bliking lights is incredible. A 2 cd Album ! Everything's good in it and the last song : Things the grandchildren should know makes me almost cry. Here are the lyrics, Enjoy ! <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->

I go to bed real early
Everybody thinks it's strange
I get up early in the morning
No matter how disappointed i was
With the day before
It feels new

I don't leave the house much
I don't like being around people
Makes me nervous and weird
I don't like going to shows either
It's better for me to stay home
Some might think it means i hate people