[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Mystery Jets

Mystery Jets

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Thamesbeat101 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:13 pm

Is anyone else here into the Mystery Jets? I think they're fantastic.
links for all you lovely people:

<a href='http://www.mysteryjets.com' target='_blank'>www.mysteryjets.com</a>
<a href='http://www.myspace.com/mysteryjets' target='_blank'>www.myspace.com/mysteryjets</a>
"You get me on my feet
So tomorrow never comes"
Thamesbeat101

Postby elko » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:33 pm

Certainly. Alabaster introduced me to them. They are VERY good.

(Also, their new site looks bloody amazing.)
Last edited by elko on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:35 pm

hey hey HEY!

I'm the resident Mystery jets fanatic here. get to the back of the line!!

I watch the video to 'you cant fool me dennis' twice every day.

My fave song is probably 'the tale' 'on my feet' or my absolute FAVE 'lizzies lion'

I have seen them twice and yes I have the t shirt!
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Thamesbeat101 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:39 pm

Lucky! I have booked my tickets for March, wish they were playing more dates, I'm only fourteen so it's hard fo me to get to london...

I love The Tale, too;

"Drumrolls in the distance, people's chances fading, you and I are saving, men and women waving"

have you seen the artwork and tracklisting for Making Dens?

No On My Feet! I was mortified but at least I got the 7" before they were all gone and turned into Zoo Time.
"You get me on my feet
So tomorrow never comes"
Thamesbeat101

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:41 pm

'I know there's some thing amiss
you caaaant fool me deh-hen-nis!'

The most perfect bit in any song of recent times.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Thamesbeat101 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Best band of recent years in my opinion. March cannot come quick enough!
"You get me on my feet
So tomorrow never comes"
Thamesbeat101

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:47 pm

You can't fool me dennis is now in the MP3 thread. I am a dispicable downloader so if anyone wants any mystery jets songs they havent heard, chances are i might have them...
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Alabaster Crashes Down+Jan 19 2006, 10:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alabaster Crashes Down @ Jan 19 2006, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->'I know there's some thing amiss
you caaaant fool me deh-hen-nis!'
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

I want to listen to that! (But I've got a new soundcard and it's all buggered at the moment....)

"When the cat befriended the mouse, there wasn't a dry eye in the house" has been in my head all day.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Best band of recent years in my opinion. March cannot come quick enough!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They're playing Bristol in Feb, but it's the NME Awards tour so even if I could somehow get a ticket I'd have to sleep through the Arctic Monkeys.
Last edited by elko on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Thamesbeat101 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:51 pm

<a href='http://www.gmail.com' target='_blank'>www.gmail.com</a>
Username: you.can't.fool.me.dennis.
Password: zootime

Plenty to download there, some Larrikin Love, too!

Just go into the messages and click the links.
"You get me on my feet
So tomorrow never comes"
Thamesbeat101

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 pm

Who are Larrakin Love?
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Thamesbeat101 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:06 pm

Larrikin Love are excellent, they're quite Libertines-y, really good. Mystery Jets have done countless numbers of gigs with them, they look like tramps... <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo--> but they are excellent if you log on to the link I posted you can download some of their stuff, may I recommend:

Happy As Annie [I recently managed to bag myself the 7" which is a feat considering it was on fucking Transgressive]
Six Queens
On Sussex Downs
Little Boy lost

I downloaded 'Docks' and 'Charity' too, very good.
"You get me on my feet
So tomorrow never comes"
Thamesbeat101

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:14 pm

listening to six queens

his voice reminds me of someone else! it's annoying me!! cause i cant rmemebe r who it reminds me of!
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm

Oh thank god, It remeind me of the bloke form the Rakes

its just that would have kept me up all night wondering, it would have sent me insane.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Thamesbeat101 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:21 pm

Really? Alan Donohoe is The Rakes guy's name. I love The rakes but really don't see the resemblence[sp?]...
"You get me on my feet
So tomorrow never comes"
Thamesbeat101

Return to Music Chat