Radiohead

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby convergence » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:14 pm

It's not better solely for the fact that it's experimental, it's better for the fact that it's better (most of the time). The fact that it's experimental only helps to not get tired of the same thing over and over. I'm not saying I am with the smiths or morrissey even if they didn't evolve a whole lot.

But hey, I didn't come to a smiths board to argue. Your opinion is just as valid <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
I'll stop here.
convergence
Advanced

Postby elko » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:29 pm

You can debate all you like, so long as it's civil, but I doubt you'll reach a unanimous conclusion somehow.

However, if one more person tries to tell me that 'Kid A is better than 'OK Computer', I will try my very hardest to have them locked up.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:10 am

Well, I will not say that 'Kid A' is better than 'OK Computer', but I would not say that 'OK Computer' is better than 'Kid A'.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 am

I'd say the best thing about Kid A is the drawings in the booklet/on the cd cover <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> I love their little drawings, but not to the extent of getting them tattooed over my body (my mate has the little crying devil tattooed on his arm... he calls it "Gerald")

But Ok Computer is one of the best albums I own. I find Radiohead are perfect 'sitting on a bus/train looking outside the window at the rainy weather' music tho

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Rodchenko » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:12 pm

I too will rest my case.
Long live The Smiths, Morrissey and all Mozfans of the world, even the Radioheaders.
Why argue at a Smithsforum?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rodchenko+Feb 20 2006, 01:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodchenko @ Feb 20 2006, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I too will rest my case.
Long live The Smiths, Morrissey and all Mozfans of the world, even the Radioheaders.
Why argue at a Smithsforum?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
agreed.

wow, i certainly didn't mean to provide a stimulus for argument by starting this thread!! though it's really nice to see so many opinions and healthy discussion <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->

i'm not so sure about evaluating music according to the background of the artist. i don't do that as a rule of thumb because i think that would blind me to genius, but i'll admit i do that when it comes to blues music.

in the end, The Truth is a multi-faceted gemstone. each side as valid and important as any other, and without all of them, the stone ceases to exist.

and just for clarification, radiohead is not a band i listen to everyday. nor have they been a band that has sent me into some weird autistic spiral of them, and them only (ween, REM, the smiths, beck, and the white stripes have waged successful guerilla warfare on my consciousness in the past).

really when i think about it, i fear what would happen to music as an entity if everyone agreed all the time. there'd be nothing new, and that would suck.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:16 pm

True story..
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:15 am

From <a href='http://www.radiohead.com' target='_blank'>RADIOHEAD DOT COM</a> :

"If you cant beat em, join em."

We have decided to change the name of the band to

THE CARLYLE GROUP

for tax reasons and are moving our offices to Jersey.

Thank you. That'll be all.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:11 pm

I just got tickets for the summer tour :D . Anyone else eagerly awaiting the new album?
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:51 pm

You did?? Great!! :D I wish I could see them sometime. I'm definitely waiting for their new album quite eagerly.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Xuu » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:00 pm

I hate them with a passion, to me The Bends is the only bearable album they put out. the others are crappy crap crap crap crap. Thom Yorke is a dreadful singer, i found their lyrics very abstract so i guess that's arty music. also i would fall asleep listening to them. do they think they're the head of the radio or what?
Xuu
Supreme

Re:

Postby rorschach » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:25 am

Xuu wrote:I hate them with a passion, to me The Bends is the only bearable album they put out. the others are crappy crap crap crap crap. Thom Yorke is a dreadful singer, i found their lyrics very abstract so i guess that's arty music. also i would fall asleep listening to them. do they think they're the head of the radio or what?

Your a treat.

Anyways, yeah, I like Kid A better than Ok Computer. I know Kid A is cold and difficult but thats just me, cold and difficult (and an Aphex Twin Fan). Lock me up Ellis, I'm officially insane, just don't call me pretentious.
Freedom is the only way, yeah

http://www.pbfcomics.com/
rorschach
Advanced

Re: Radiohead

Postby HeavenKnowsImMozzerable » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:54 pm

THE BENDS, one of my favourite albums of all time! Full of brilliant, bleak and beautifully agonising tracks such as Street Spirit (Fade Out), Planet Telex and the title track itself. It is surely the best Radiohead album considering both lyrics and music. I mean, you have to be totally numb if you don't get moved by lines like "IMMERSE YOUR SOUL IN LOVE" or "where do we go from here/the words are coming out all weird/where are you now when I need you?

OK Computer is good as a starter. To get into the deeper stuff, you have to look for The Bends, Kid A and Amnesiac!
I wanna go home... I don't want to stay... give up life as a BAD MISTAKE...

Life is good; and I feel great. 'Cause mother says I was a great mistake.
HeavenKnowsImMozzerable
Regular

Previous

Return to Music Chat