[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Memories...

Memories...

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:41 am

Is it just me, or do you attach memories to certain albums/songs? (Listening to the album/song brings back certain memories if i was too vauge before)

The Red Hot Chilli Pepper's By the Way reminds me of being locked in a kitchen with my 2 best friends belting out the songs after getting bored of Save the Last Dance... then a debate over who's better out of the Chillis and Silverchair with our friends who were watching the movie <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> So that album is very special to me <!--emo&:guitar:-->Image<!--endemo-->

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby helmoz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:36 am

"by the way" reminds me of when i was 15, nearly 16, i first heard the album in its entirity at a beer'n'pot-fuelled garden party <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:25 pm

Hmm. The first Streets album reminds me of a quite brilliant week in Newquay. Magical Mystery Tour reminds me of being ill. Strangeways, Here We Come reminds me of a horrid time in Sherwood Forest. The normal stuff, I suppose...
elko
Site Admin

Postby Rodchenko » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Urban hymns by The verve reminds me of when i was 17, nearly 18 and being terribly unhappy. But I think of those days with a big smile on my face. (rhyme not intended)
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:07 pm

ash - free all angels reminds me of the summer a few years ago when it was all me and my mates listneded to at teh beach and stuff. makes me sad now though cos we had big falling out and lots of stuff happened, so lots of memories with that!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:57 pm

great topic! *tips cap to 1804*

anything from meat is murder = late high school with just one schoolmate who understood...strange yet savoury times. <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo-->
REM = college days being mr plain to the populace and countercultural guru to my friends. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
and Mazzy Starr = lazy afternoons languishing on the couch with a professional dancer i used to date. <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:50 am

The Aquabats- Myths, Legends, and Other Amazing Adventures Vol. 2 reminds me of the summer that I turned 17, spending every day with my 2 best friends and my 15 or so other close friends. Swimming, staying up all night talking, reading curious tomes of forgotten lore (<!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->) and skanking on my lawn. Zooming to the doughnut shop in the middle of the night and laughing until my whole body ached... then laughing some more <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> Seduction, self esteem and camraderie- G-d that was a good age.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Alice in chains-Unplugged reminds me of playing Warcraft with friends. I can still see myself sitting there behind my desk. The Lemonheads-It's a shame about Ray got me through some heartbreak. But I can still listen to it. The memories are still attached to them, and it's been close to ten years now.
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat