[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Help me with a playlist

Help me with a playlist

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Still Ill » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:37 pm

I've been a little obsessed with certain songs lately that carry that, er, downbeat on every quarter note? ('Jeane's' the best example I can use), I don't know the term for that beat. I have a cool playlist I've been working on and if anyone can come up with some more songs, I'd like to compile at least another disc's worth.

What I've got so far:

1. Love Sick / Orange Juice 2:27
2. Jeane / The Smiths 3:05
3. To Get to Sleep / British Sea Power 3:16
4. One Foot in the Grave / Pernice Brothers 3:15
5. Holiday Hymn / Orange Juice 2:55
6. You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby / The Smiths 3:23
7. It's The Same Old Song / The Temptations 2:48
8. Mystery Achievement / The Pretenders 5:24
9. Just Got Lucky / JoBoxers 3:44
10. Strange Town / The Jam 3:47
11. Take The Fifth / Spoon 3:56
12. Driver's Seat / Sniff 'n' The Tears 3:59
13. I Am the Resurrection / Stone Roses 8:14
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:54 pm

It's a really motown beat.....

'This Boy Wonders' by Aztec Camera sort of has it- well, the chorus anyway, and it's great, so stick it in there....

Will probably think of more later....
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:15 am

Yeah, plus I initially thought it was the Mersey Beat, (but I did find a great site with a history of the Mersey Beat), and elsewhere on the net I learned lots on the intricacies of playing the drums, yep! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

I really like 'This Boy Wonders', thanks. <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by Still Ill on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:24 am

Ha ha, my playlist has doubled. A personal triumph.
But the reason for my post is 'Staccato', that's the beat I was referring to! It was bugging me, just had to post it.

Alright, for anyone who bothered to view this post, go, move on to more exciting threads. <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by Still Ill on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat