[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - The Divine Comedy

The Divine Comedy

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Perfect Drug » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:24 pm

Discuss the awsomeness of this band.

Yea, and I misspelled Divine.
Last edited by Perfect Drug on Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>At all events when, after many hours, the door was opened and people thronged in, they found the murderer unconscious and in a raging fever. The prince was sitting by him, motionless, and each time that the sick man gave a laugh, or a shout, he hastened to pass his own trembling hand over his companion's hair and cheeks, as though trying to soothe and quiet him. But alas he understood nothing of what was said to him, and recognized none of those who surrounded him.</span>
Perfect Drug
Supreme

Postby helmoz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:52 pm

i know a few of their songs. i liked "commuter love" <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:10 pm

I like liberation, they wrote all the music for father ted and Neil Hannon says morrissey was a huge influence on him
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:37 pm

of course, how could i forget the theme tune from father ted!

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:19 pm

I love the stuff up to Fin De Siecle but I kind of lost interest after that.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:05 pm

I like them in the same way i like belle and sebastian - i like the upbeat ones but the slow ones can fall off a cliff for all i care
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:58 pm

They're not my favourite band but decent enough. I like songs like Absent Friends and Leaving Today.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:19 pm

There is a Light cover anyone?
I can put it on Gmail if you're at all interested.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:24 pm

i like 'Happy Goth' from Absent Friends <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Mar 17 2006, 07:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Mar 17 2006, 07:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i like 'Happy Goth' from Absent Friends <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Happy Goth? What a wonderful oxymoron! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-The Boy with a thorn in his side+Mar 17 2006, 07:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Boy with a thorn in his side @ Mar 17 2006, 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> There is a Light cover anyone?
I can put it on Gmail if you're at all interested. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have it already Ed, but I'm sure there are people here who don't, and would be interested in hearing it. So go right ahead...
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:55 pm

I ADORE Morrissey. D'you think I could fall for The Divine Comedy? They seem interesting...
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:10 pm

The Divine Comedy are basically a vehicle for Neil Hannon, and whoever he gathers around him at any given time. It wasn't always like that; he used to have a faithful lieutenant called Joby Talbot, but he dispensed with him a few years back. The music has suffered since, to be honest. So if you're going to check them out it's probably best to start with the earlier albums. Up to Fin De Siecle, I suppose.
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:13 pm

Okay... Could you please describe their sound and lyrical content?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:16 pm

I'll post a couple of tracks in the gmail account and you can have a listen for yourself; would that be better?
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Music Chat