Music Films/DVDs

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:30 pm

the Rutles is a class film, when I went to Oasis gigs last year I was going to get a t-shirt made up 'Oasis better than The Rutles?' but I couldn't be arsed in the end. This is a must watch film though, I read that on-lookers who happened to be around at the time of filming actually pushed past George Harrison (who was only thinly disguised in the film) to get Michael Palins autograph!
Brassed Off, is a brilliant film with a musical background/theme running through it. It made me cry. It made me laugh too btw.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:32 pm

oh & what about 'The Great Rock n Roll Swindle'
then there's also 'Quadrophenia'

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:01 pm

Anyone who loves 70s rock and the genius that is Martin Scorsese should watch The Last Waltz and No Direction Home.
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Shakespeare's Sister+Mar 16 2006, 02:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shakespeare's Sister @ Mar 16 2006, 02:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Mar 15 2006, 09:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Mar 15 2006, 09:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Oh, that's one of my guilty pleasures; I'd never admit to really liking it  <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->  Oops... <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> I like it too much to hide my love for it...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It really wouldn't do for me to admit being fond of a film with both Renee Zellweger and Liv Tyler in it! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Grim O'Grady+Mar 16 2006, 01:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grim O'Grady @ Mar 16 2006, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->the Rutles is a class film, when I went to Oasis gigs last year I was going to get a t-shirt made up 'Oasis better than The Rutles?' but I couldn't be arsed in the end. This is a must watch film though, I read that on-lookers who happened to be around at the time of filming actually pushed past George Harrison (who was only thinly disguised in the film) to get Michael Palins autograph!
Brassed Off, is a brilliant film with a musical background/theme running through it. It made me cry. It made me laugh too btw.

love

Grim<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Grim, if you ever have that t-shirt made, put me down for one... Cheers.

I couldn't agree more about Brassed Off; that final scene is real lump in the throat (and fist in the air) stuff. <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby This Bird has Flown » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Grim O'Grady+Mar 16 2006, 01:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grim O'Grady @ Mar 16 2006, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the Rutles is a class film, when I went to Oasis gigs last year I was going to get a t-shirt made up 'Oasis better than The Rutles?' but I couldn't be arsed in the end. This is a must watch film though, I read that on-lookers who happened to be around at the time of filming actually pushed past George Harrison (who was only thinly disguised in the film) to get Michael Palins autograph! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
What's your favourite part on the film?

Mine's when they go and see the Queen and they have a interview and it goes.
'So, do you feel better after seeing the Queen?'
'No... you feel better after seeing the doctor.'

It makes me laugh so much <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

I also like the 'Love Life' song... it's really good.
This Bird has Flown
Advanced

Previous

Return to Music Chat