[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Joy Division

Joy Division

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Rodchenko » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:02 am

Joy Division, one of the greatest bands of all time. Discuss.
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:17 pm

I'm a huge fan of Joy Division. Love Will Tear Us Apart is one of my favourite songs ever.

What is it with Manchester and producing great bands?
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:43 pm

Unknown pleasures was one of the best albums of the seventies and Closer was one of the best albums of the eighties, not bad for a band who were only together for three years. A brilliant band. My favourite joy division song is probably Transmission.
oh yeah and today I was wearing my unknown pleasures T Shirt, while I was walking home from town some man stopped me and started telling me all about how much he loves joy division.what a coincidence
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:56 pm

ahh youve gotta love joy division, she's lost control, disorder and transmission are just awesome, disorder is the best song to play reeeally loud at an indie disco! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:35 pm

My ex-girlfriend once confided that she used to regularly leap around the living room naked, to Disorder. She called it dancing though...

Did I really need to share that? <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby LCKv3 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:54 am

I like to cry in dark rooms while cutting myself and listening to Joy Division...

But honestly, I've never heard any of their work...
LCKv3

Postby Rodchenko » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:45 am

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->LCKv3 Posted: Mar 16 2006, 02:54 AM 

I like to cry in dark rooms while cutting myself and listening to Joy Division...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you taking a piss? Sod off if you are!
Last edited by Rodchenko on Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby sonandheir » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:12 pm

According to the interview with David Fricke, Moz described Joy Division records as "incredibly boring" and "flat as pancakes" <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
<span style='color:blue'>"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi</span>
sonandheir
Supreme

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:18 pm

Disorder is the perfect example of the post-punk sound that I love

Love Will Tear Us Apart is possibly my favourite song of all time (don't quote me on that though <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> )

Brilliant band, RIP Ian Curtis

Steffi, you read Touching From A Distance yet?
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:40 am

I used to go to the factory at the russell club back in '78 & '79, so I assume I must have seen them a few times but I don't remember them tbh. I blame Newky brown ale! I only ever took a camera once. Kleenex played that night (the only reason I know who it was, is coz I wrote it on the back of the pics - that an them being an all girl band from Germany, they must have been just a throw away band <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> geddit? oops sorry).

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:14 am

Grim, you are a lucky man!
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Mar 15 2006, 10:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Mar 15 2006, 10:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ahh youve gotta love joy division, she's lost control, disorder and transmission are just awesome, disorder is the best song to play reeeally loud at an indie disco! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I love those songs too. And Love Will Tear Us Apart, Isolation etc.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ryan. » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:44 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Rodchenko+Mar 15 2006, 09:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodchenko @ Mar 15 2006, 09:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Joy Division, one of the greatest bands of all time. Discuss.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
absolutely. disorder, new dawn fades (particularly new dawn fades) and shadowplay are all timeless songs. i could listen to unknown pleasures for centuries and never tire of it.
<span style='color:gray'>we're a virus with shoes, okay? that's all we are.

> <a href='http://www.toolcollector.net/' target='_blank'>www.toolcollector.net</a></span>
Ryan.
Advanced

Postby Rodchenko » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:16 pm

Ryan, you have incredibly good taste! Unknown Pleasures is without a doubt one of the top five best albums of all time!
I consider She's lost control (album version) to be the most perfectly produced song ever, without any exaggeration.... Martin Hannett could be a genius whenever he felt like it...
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ryan. » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:29 am

<span style='color:gray'>we're a virus with shoes, okay? that's all we are.

> <a href='http://www.toolcollector.net/' target='_blank'>www.toolcollector.net</a></span>
Ryan.
Advanced

Next

Return to Music Chat