6 degrees of seperation

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby robhenson16@hotmail.com » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:04 pm

how about this game. you gotta get from subject A to subect B in the required amount of links. for instance get from Morrissey to Harry Enfield in three links. Morrissey's video for Ouija Board featured KATHY BURKE who was in the HARRY ENFIELD TV SHOW starring HARRY ENFIELD. That was an easy one, but could be fun. Dont want completly tedious links that only one person in the world will appreciate. think they should try and include moz in each one too. any takers? Ill start.

try to get from Morrissey to The Kinks in three or less links. Easy
<a href='http://www.south-paw.tk' target='_blank'>www.south-paw.tk</a>
\[EMAIL=robhenson16@hotmail.com\]robhenson16@hotmail.com\[/EMAIL\]
depressed, but remarkably dressed
robhenson16@hotmail.com
Regular

Postby girl_afraid » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:43 pm

Errrrrrr... well, I can do it, but I'm sort of cheating because it's not all directly through people...

In the Kinks Best Of (You Really Got Me), whoever's writing the sleeve notes describes Ray Davies's lyrics as the only real predecessor for Morrissey's... Yeah, really don't know if it counts, but there you go! If it's not right, my guess would be for some sort of shared producer...? And also, Moz was probably a Kinks fan because, let's face it, who wouldn't be?! OOOH, and also, their whole traditional quaint English Preservation thing is rather similar to Morrissey's rose-tinted nostalgia, if you get what I mean.

By the by, talking of the Ouija Board Ouija Board video, Moz looks soooo sexy in that. Lanky and with glasses, excellent!

Oh crap, I need a link now. Errrm, this is a crap one, but Moz to Ewan McGregor. Oh God, loads for this one! Go me!
Last edited by girl_afraid on Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby robhenson16@hotmail.com » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:19 am

i cant remember the solution for the moz to the kinks. whoops. anyway, moz to ewan. Moz shares his surname with NEIL MORRISSEY from Men Behaving Badly, which had an episode featuring guest star KYLIE MINOGUE, who had a guest spot as a fairy in MOULIN ROUGE starring Ewan McGregor. that took four, beat that! my turn now i guess. How about Bono to Rowan Atkinson in four or less.
<a href='http://www.south-paw.tk' target='_blank'>www.south-paw.tk</a>
\[EMAIL=robhenson16@hotmail.com\]robhenson16@hotmail.com\[/EMAIL\]
depressed, but remarkably dressed
robhenson16@hotmail.com
Regular

Return to Music Chat