Stephen Street

Craig Gannon, Ivor Perry, Stephen Street, John Porter, Troy Tate, what are they up to?

Postby elko » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:34 pm

Best known for his longtime associations with the Smiths and Blur -- arguably the two preeminent British pop bands of their respective eras -- producer Stephen Street began his career during the early 1980s as an engineer on reggae recordings from artists including Black Uhuru, King Sunny Ade and Linton Kwesi Johnson. He made his first appearance on a Smiths album engineering 1985's Meat Is Murder, and by 1987's Strangeways Here We Come was serving as a full-fledged producer. The group disbanded soon after, but Street continued collaborating with frontman Morrissey, not only producing but also co-writing much of the material which comprised the singer's 1988 solo debut Viva Hate. His partnership with Morrissey continued on a series of singles later collected on the Bona Drag compilation, after which Street moved on to begin working with the fledgling Blur, helming both their 1991 debut LP Leisure and its 1993 follow-up Modern Life Is Rubbish. After producing the Cranberries' 1994 debut smash Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We, he returned to the Blur fold for their 1994 breakthrough Parklife. Work with artists ranging from the Pretenders to Sleeper followed, but Street remained most loyal to Blur, next producing 1995's The Great Escape as well as the quartet's 1997 self-titled LP.

(from allmusic.com)

Just out of interest, does anyone know what he looks like?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Noonan McKane » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:02 am

Yes.

(I still think he's a twat.)
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Yeah I know what he looks like

<!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> why is he a twat noonan?
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:21 pm

HAHA, i love that word so much. I wouldn't dare say it infront of my mother though <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:35 am

Yeah twat is always a funny one thats just fact!! - quite why Stephen Street is one though Noonan seems quite reticent on explaining it I thought he was quite sweet even attractive in an odd way (my problem)

God I feel old again! well evidently a lot older than you miserable liar, because my mum wouldn't dare tell me off for my language, not any more... I pay rent I have rights now!! allegedly!!

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:16 pm

Lucky you tallulahtaurus, ive never tried saying it infront of her though i have said everything else that could possibly be considered a "naughty" word. But i dont see the point in using insulting language though i am going to say it to her sometime in some form of conversation. I could say a guy called noonan mckane called Stephen Street a tit but that might confuse her. But pah, who cares?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:13 am

confusing the slightly aged is always a good idea every day I live is a day that I see as an oppurtunity to confuse my mum tis always good for a laugh!!

Ion the other hand love using insulting foul language so it appears I may be even more childish than you in some important way miserable liar!!

tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:14 pm

Lol, good stuff. Id love to young, but i am too intentional on making an impression of being mature lol
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Return to Other Players