Craig Gannon

Craig Gannon, Ivor Perry, Stephen Street, John Porter, Troy Tate, what are they up to?

Postby elko » Sun May 23, 2004 6:18 pm

What do you think of him, and his work with the Smiths?
AFAIK he only worked on the single 'Panic' and it's B-Sides (The Draize Train?). Opinions?
Anyone know what he has done since Smiths?

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:59 am

So this is what Gannon is up to these days, touring with Vinny Peculiar.
(Next to Mike Joyce)
Last edited by Still Ill on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+May 23 2004, 07:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ May 23 2004, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What do you think of him, and his work with the Smiths?
AFAIK he only worked on the single 'Panic' and it's B-Sides (The Draize Train?). Opinions?
Anyone know what he has done since Smiths?

elko <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well he's been claiming for years that he contributed to the writing of Ask, although that's not something I'd go round boasting about personally-it might explain a lot though! So he played on that too. And Golden Lights I presume.
Last edited by Domestique on Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:28 pm

Come to think of it, that era of the Smiths is probably my least favourite (Panic, Ask), and I'm with you on claiming credit for Ask not being something to shout about!

I'm sure he was a good guitarist and everything but as far as I'm aware he never did much memorable in the studio with them, and of the live shows I've heard, I prefer the ones with just Johnny, it's far clearer and you can make more sense of the melodies.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 8 2005, 11:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 8 2005, 11:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Come to think of it, that era of the Smiths is probably my least favourite (Panic, Ask), and I'm with you on claiming credit for Ask not being something to shout about!

I'm sure he was a good guitarist and everything but as far as I'm aware he never did much memorable in the studio with them, and of the live shows I've heard, I prefer the ones with just Johnny, it's far clearer and you can make more sense of the melodies. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well he was only in the band for two singles, and the only new b-sides were two instumentals, so not exactly a golden era, no...

And I totally agree with you on the live thing-it just sounded so overblown. How Soon Is Now from that tour sounds particularly horrendous-those songs were never meant to be bludgeoned to death! Happily, the last ever gig was as a four-piece-that should have been the live album. Nobody knew it was the last one at the time, but if you've gotta go, what a perfect swansong.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:19 pm

saw Gannon in Manc playing with the perculiars, I filmed it but haven't sorted it out on to dvd yet. Been a tad busy with other projects & moving & starting a new job/life etc!
oh btw hello everyone on the forum, I've hada quick nose & I like what I see.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Grim
Welcome to our little haven here, feel free to poke your nose in here anytime. I regularly peruse M-solo for any news.

Btw, how was Vinny's show? How'd the boys look and sound? I'd be very interested in anything from them (I'm still a big Mike Joyce fan as well). Others here would be interested as well, I'm sure.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:22 pm

soz it's taken me so long to get back in here...
reet I've got the Vinny gig on tape somewhere, I'll bang it out on dvd if anyone wants it (& if I can find it)? I'd had the odd sherry so my minds a little foggy of the night tbh, they didn't do any Smiths tunes (unfortunately) but it was ok (well what I remember of it) there was a lot of the infamous Moz-solo SnG Manchester Mafia in attendance, as well as a few Scotchers! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:13 pm

Ah yes, the Moz Mafia....Grim, seems everyone's in a bit of a sharing mood on M-solo lately. Doesn't happen too often. As someone on there noted, Christmas in July! Btw, can you shed any light on why Andy left Vinny's band? Surely you could get some info for us somehow <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:58 pm

<a href='http://photobucket.com/albums/a385/Grimo35/vinny%20p/?start=0' target='_blank'>perculiar pics</a>
I did put it on dvd along with Boz & the Deltas (neither band did any Smiths/Moz stuff.
S.I. dunno why Andy left the Perculiers tbh, but if I hear owt I'll pass it on.

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:08 pm

Thanks for the pics, Grim. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Girl Unafraid » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:39 am

and as to the question of why Andy left Vinny's band. I have no idea, but isn't "Money Changes Everything" a magnificent track?

Girl Unafraid
Advanced

Postby Still Ill » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:33 pm

I love it as I do the other instrumentals. They don't seem to be highly rated amongst Smiths fans in general. Nice pic of Craig. As that your picture, or one of Grim's?

Welcome to the forum. Hope you've had a chance to browse throughout. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Girl Unafraid » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:09 am

Thank you for the kind welcome, the site was recommended to me by a good friend.

That photo was taken by me, you'll probably notice from Grim's pictures that he was much further away, whilst I was in the main throng of things.

There are more here if you want to browse through them..

<a href='http://photobucket.com/albums/y37/stargarter/Vinny/' target='_blank'>http://photobucket.com/albums/y37/stargarter/Vinny/</a>
Girl Unafraid
Advanced

Postby Still Ill » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:56 pm

I had fun browsing through those photos. I even recognized some of the Mafia people from M-solo. Thanks.

I'm still curious about the show? How is Vinny Peculiar? No one's answered this for me yet, ya know. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Other Players