Craig Gannon

Craig Gannon, Ivor Perry, Stephen Street, John Porter, Troy Tate, what are they up to?

Postby Still Ill » Wed May 17, 2006 8:39 pm

I enjoy reading Vinny Peculiar's diary, here's an excerpt from a couple days ago describing the progress of the new album. Craig has more talent than just the guitar.

Vinny:
"Bob and Steve are the brass guys and it’s simply brilliant to have them on board. I kid you not. The parts all scored up and ready to go, notated and punctuated with pauses and tempo shifts and descending sharpened 7ths by our very own Craig Gannon who directs the session with ease. Craig has done all the arrangements for brass and strings on the new record and immediately establishes a rapport with Tony Christie’s right hand men. I sit back and enjoy, make the right noises, and the right noises get made."
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzer » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:04 pm

Imo Graig Gannon filled allright their sound for live perfomances...I mean, Marr's guitars were perfect, but with the addition of Graig, the live result was still better...
If you haven't noticed, check out this video from youtube...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ZWA8EXWOo" target="_blank">Smiths with Craig Gannon On Stage</a>
..And a a double decker bus's gonna crush into us...Mozza live at athens 25/11!!!
Mozzer

Re:

Postby DAVIE » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:58 pm

I actually like Ask a lot, but I don't like it as much live....If the Smiths stayed together I think Craig Cannon could have been the 5th Smith! He was with Rouke and Joyce for the first Moz/unoffical last Smith gig, wasn't he???
DAVIE

Previous

Return to Other Players