hello

Postby kjt1981 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:24 pm

The Smiths have kind of been there for me for a while now - at few years at least (6 to be exact, since i first bought the "singles" compilation), and ive never been able to adequately explain why i liked them (i once gave an (ex)friend a kicking for suggesting it was merely because i percieved them as being "cool"... i would never view music so frivolously!)... then last week it struck me; id had a pretty bad few weeks and felt pretty low,
i put "strangeways" on and something Johnny Marr said in Uncut came to mind: "me and morrissey used to discuss it quite a lot - depression is useless, but mlancholy's a genuine place". And that was it - i realised why id liked the Smiths all this time without being able to explain it, but now i can.... Last week hearing "a rush and a push" felt like a gentle caress alleviating my troubles - They sooth my melancholic moods!

Cheers Moz!
kjt1981

Postby chicken » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:53 pm

that's nice, i like how it was not only the lyrics and music, but the men behind it that brought you here.
hope you stick around....you'll be amazed what you can learn about the smiths on this forum.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi - and welcome!
I think all of us here can relate to your experince of The Smiths - cause they are quite an experince ... and this is a wonderful place where we can share it. :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:46 pm

Nice intro, good story, hope to see you in the forums! :D
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:27 am

Hello. :)

I understand what you're saying and agree with it very much. If the world crashes down around me I'll still have The Smiths.
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:54 pm

Welcome! I'm sure you'll quite like us.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Bref » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:27 pm

Shakespeare's Sister wrote:If the world crashes down around me I'll still have The Smiths.

;)
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Return to Introduction Forum