And yet another new kid

Postby Disco_dancer_in_a_coma » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:51 pm

This must be the kindest, gentlest Smiths-related forum I've come across... Quite pleasant to read!

I'm Julie, 33, American. I grew up and went to school in Louisiana near New Orleans and now live near Nashville, Tennessee, with my banker-by-day/bassist-by-night husband and our two dogs. I am an attorney in Nashville. My favorite bands, besides the obvious, are Cowboy Mouth and Better Than Ezra, both of which are based in New Orleans.

I've so enjoyed reading this forum since I ran across it and thought I would give you all a shout-out.
Disco_dancer_in_a_coma
Regular

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:58 pm

howdy doody julie! B) my name is anne, and please, make yourself at home! pour yourself a cup of hot chocolate, get yer slippers on and join us.

cowboy mouth? i've never heard of them but the name definitely makes me want to ivnestigate further. :lol:

see you around!
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Hullo and welcome!

Thankyou for your kind compliments, we are never knowingly out-friendlied. I hope you'll make your voice heard round here now you've introduced yourself :)
elko
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:25 pm

elko wrote: we are never knowingly out-friendlied.

heh...plus you get to read 'elko-isms' such as that one.
greetings to 'near nashville' from salina, kansas! (seems that most americans on here are from one of the coasts, not the interior. so it's nice to see you here.)
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:06 pm

Disco_dancer_in_a_coma wrote:This must be the kindest, gentlest Smiths-related forum I've come across... Quite pleasant to read!

I'm Julie, 33, American. I grew up and went to school in Louisiana near New Orleans and now live near Nashville, Tennessee, with my banker-by-day/bassist-by-night husband and our two dogs. I am an attorney in Nashville. My favorite bands, besides the obvious, are Cowboy Mouth and Better Than Ezra, both of which are based in New Orleans.

I've so enjoyed reading this forum since I ran across it and thought I would give you all a shout-out.

Hello, Julie - so nice you've liked it here - we do try to keeo to up to our self-imposed stardarts of ultra friendliness :)

I am familiar with the name Better Than Ezra - but cannot figure out where from...Anyway,
nice to ha ve you here, the greater variety of people and tastes, the more stimulating!! :D
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:30 am

Welcome, Julie, you are right, this is the kindest Smiths' Fan's Forum.

:) I am glad you've liked it here.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Disco_dancer_in_a_coma » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:32 am

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I have always loved the smiths... In my oilfield/Intracoastal hometown the standard of cool was a firebird and a tapedeck blaring hairband crap. :blink: Man, I remember the first time I heard the Smiths; a boy I was dating my freshman year of high school (he had spiky hair and wore eyeliner, and I hearted him ever so) introduced me. I had never heard anything like them before!

SO... I'll post about Mouth and Ezra in one of the other forums if you are interested. BTE does a knock down fabulous cover of "There is a Light," and one of their best songs "At the Stars" seems to be a bit evocative of it also. Anyhoo, having come of age when they were playing clubs around Baton Rouge and New Orleans, I am a little emotionally attached to both bands. I am going to see the Mouth Monday night as a matter of fact, as they are playing here in Nashvegas with (yes they're still alive) Hootie and the Blowfish. :D
Last edited by Disco_dancer_in_a_coma on Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disco_dancer_in_a_coma
Regular

Postby Still Ill » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:19 am

Welcome to our friendly little world, Julie. This forum's a nice escape from the Southern California rat race. :P But certainly when I want to talk about music!

I've always loved hearing about New Orleans and its rich history (thanks to Anne Rice).
Hope you'll become very comfortable here!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Return to Introduction Forum