Introducing... me.

Postby Aziza » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:37 am

Hello Smiths fans!
Aziza here, typing to you from an admin office in sunniest Wimbledon. (Apparently Surrey was the hottest place in Britain yesterday, so when I say sunniest, I mean Sunniest.)
Some incredibly interesting information about me: I'm 25, female, living in West London but soon to be fleeing the world of Proper Work to do an MA in Manchester. Despite having been a devoted Smiths fan for about half my life now, and having a higher-than-average number of friends, I never seem to have anyone to go to Smiths nights with, except when I happen to be in Glasgow, so I thought this might be a good place to look. (And I won't know ANYONE when I go to Manchester, which is obviously the Mecca of Smiths-related activities, so like-minded contacts there would be much appreciated.) This obstacle [lack of Smith-oriented mates] has not prevented me from attending a few wonderful Smiths-fulled evenings recently, the most recent of which, in Brixton last Friday, allowed me to realise a lifelong dream of meeting (and drunkenly manhandling) a real-life, living, breathing, Smith (Mike Joyce). I have photographic evidence!
Anyway, I'd better do some work now.
Cheerio x
"Yonder, the Deacon, in Misguided Trousers"
Aziza
Regular

Postby Bref » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:37 pm

Aziza wrote:Hello Smiths fans!
Aziza here, typing to you from an admin office in sunniest Wimbledon. (Apparently Surrey was the hottest place in Britain yesterday, so when I say sunniest, I mean Sunniest.)
Some incredibly interesting information about me: I'm 25, female, living in West London but soon to be fleeing the world of Proper Work to do an MA in Manchester. Despite having been a devoted Smiths fan for about half my life now, and having a higher-than-average number of friends, I never seem to have anyone to go to Smiths nights with, except when I happen to be in Glasgow, so I thought this might be a good place to look. (And I won't know ANYONE when I go to Manchester, which is obviously the Mecca of Smiths-related activities, so like-minded contacts there would be much appreciated.) This obstacle [lack of Smith-oriented mates] has not prevented me from attending a few wonderful Smiths-fulled evenings recently, the most recent of which, in Brixton last Friday, allowed me to realise a lifelong dream of meeting (and drunkenly manhandling) a real-life, living, breathing, Smith (Mike Joyce). I have photographic evidence!
Anyway, I'd better do some work now.
Cheerio x

Welcome, I have no smiths-orientated mates either but talking to friends on strangeways is just as good.
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lorimoz » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:43 pm

HI Aziza

welcome to this nice and friendly forum.
I work in Wimbledon too.

Viva MOZ x

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:30 pm

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto-->Welcome, Aziza, enjoy!<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
Last edited by Truman Capote on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:55 pm

Welcome! Have a nice time here.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Aziza » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:25 am

Lorimoz wrote:HI Aziza

welcome to this nice and friendly forum.
I work in Wimbledon too.

Viva MOZ x

Hi Lori, nice meeting you.
Small world!
Where abouts in Wimbledon? I work in the art school, do you know it?

Aziza
Aziza
Regular

Postby laidinawe » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:38 pm

Aziza wrote: (And I won't know ANYONE when I go to Manchester, which is obviously the Mecca of Smiths-related activities, so like-minded contacts there would be much appreciated.)

Welcome! I went to visit a friend in manchster recently and went out and stuff, and i had my TQID tshirt on, and i had no end of people coming up to me saying "great tshirt" "great band" etc and hugging me, even offering to buy me drinks! So you shouldnt be short of a few like minded friends there im sure.

Good luck with your MA!
A shoeless child on a swing
Reminds you of your own again
She took away your troubles
Oh, but then again
She left pain
So, please save your life
Because you've only got one
laidinawe

Postby rubygirl » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:29 pm

hello-hello, Aziza --
very nice to have join us :)
Have fun around here! :P
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:06 am

laidinawe wrote:<!--quoteo(post=31670:date=Jul 20 2006, 11:37 AM:name=Aziza)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aziza @ Jul 20 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]31670[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
(And I won't know ANYONE when I go to Manchester, which is obviously the Mecca of Smiths-related activities, so like-minded contacts there would be much appreciated.)

Welcome! I went to visit a friend in manchster recently and went out and stuff, and i had my TQID tshirt on, and i had no end of people coming up to me saying "great tshirt" "great band" etc and hugging me, even offering to buy me drinks! So you shouldnt be short of a few like minded friends there im sure.

Good luck with your MA!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow, that sounds great, I want to go there!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Aziza » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:12 pm

laidinawe wrote:Welcome! I went to visit a friend in manchster recently and went out and stuff, and i had my TQID tshirt on, and i had no end of people coming up to me saying "great tshirt" "great band" etc and hugging me, even offering to buy me drinks! So you shouldnt be short of a few like minded friends there im sure.

Good luck with your MA!

Thanks laidinawe! That's very reassuring. ^_^ Although it brings me to the subject of...

WHERE on Earth does one find Smiths t shirts in girls' sizes? I have been trying to find them for years! Maybe i should start a new thread...
Aziza
Regular

Postby atomium » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:43 pm

hi there,Aziza, Welcome!

- Anto
atomium
Supreme

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:01 pm

Hello B)
Alex
Smiths Nut!