Hi everyone!

Postby Hidden by Rags » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new! I'm 21, and I now feel quite angry about the fact that I only recently started listening to The Smiths, and that I'd never even heard of them during my teenage years, when I really needed them most. I've never really "got into" any kind of rock of popular music in my life - aside from the odd Queen or Madness song, it's something that never really appealed to me, so I find it quite strange that the only band I really like - The Smiths - I'm really passionate about. There's something about the combination of a lyricist who is actually witty and puts real thought and genuine emotion into his writing, combined with the most beautiful guitar music I have ever heard, that makes them irresistable. Plus, Morrissey writes about all the things which are familiar to me - shyness, inedaquacy, boredom with the everyday world - and which no one ever writes about. It's quite amazing to find a band which completely suit my tastes and my feelings about just about everything (vegetarianism aside!). I'm so glad I found them, and I'm so glad I found this place, because it's really hard to find people who like them. Surely they are the most underrated and misunderstood band of all time.
Hidden by Rags
Regular

Postby elko » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:58 pm

Welcome! I'm glad you found this place too! Hope you like the forum.

Strange that you only really connect with The Smiths, they are often seen as a gateway into what some critics would call 'serious' music. Do you like Morrissey solo?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Hidden by Rags » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I like Morrissey's solo work - not as much as the Smiths, but I love Hairdresser on Fire, First of the Gang to Die, The World is Full of Crashing Bores, Everyday is Like Sunday, I Have Forgiven Jesus and a few others.
Last edited by Hidden by Rags on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hidden by Rags
Regular

Postby sonandheir » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:13 pm

Hi Hidden by Rags, welcome to the forum. :)

As for M-Solo, try "Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall and I". You'll love it. ;)
<span style='color:blue'>"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi</span>
sonandheir
Supreme

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:59 pm

Hello B)

So no pop or rock, what kind of music were you listening to?
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:01 pm

Hello!
Hopefully you'll enjoy yourself here and we'll be seeing more and more posts from you, Hidden by Rags!:)

Welcome!!
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby atomium » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:16 pm

Hi there, Welcome to Strangeways! (!!!!!!)

Anto -
atomium
Supreme

Postby chicken » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:27 pm

One thing i particularly like here is the multi-culturalism.
Yet another testament to those smiths guys...

Welcome aboard!
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Return to Introduction Forum