Postby HowSoonIsNever? » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:23 pm

Hello guys, I was browsing the forum for a while and you all seem like a nice bunch so I though I'd join y'all. My name is Liam and I'm 20yrs of age and come from a wee town called Derry in N.Ireland. I've been listening to the Smiths for just over a year and they are now my favorite band. Feel free to add me on msn Policeonmyback@hotmail.co.uk

Byes
Futures!
HowSoonIsNever?
Regular

Postby elko » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Good morning! I like your avatar!

Hope you'll stick around.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:15 pm

Hello, Liam! :D
Nice to have you aboard - we are a lovely bunch indeed, and I'd say it's a very quiet period here - but this forum is a fun place to visit :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:16 pm

Hi Liam, plenty of people from norn iron on here, I'm from Dublin. Welcome and enjoy!
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:27 pm

Plenty? Who is from NI then as well?

Hi Liam, I am a native Belgian but living and working in Northern Ireland since over a year. I live in Belfast but I've been to Derry/L'derry (I'm always saying both to avoid unvoluntarely insulting someone) several times. Lovely city, great football team, and home of the mighty Messiah Syndrome which is one of the rare metal bands I never get bored of.

Good to see another Northern Ireland citizen here! Do you support any Eircom League or Irish League team? I've been at both Derry City and Institute FC a few times.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby HowSoonIsNever? » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:29 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcome people. Yeah CP I'm a city fan. I hope tonight we can progress into the Uefa cup proper, which would be quite an acomplishment. Couldn't get a bloody ticket though. Those things are like goldust, but theres a wee spot at the bottom of the city cemetery that directly overlooks the Brandywell, 'Skint Hill'. Might go watch it with a few bevvies :)
Futures!
HowSoonIsNever?
Regular

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:38 pm

I was near the Brandywell for Derry-Gothenburg but also couldn't get in. Watched part of it from that hill though. I have attended a few games of both Derry City and Institute already (Derry-Shelbourne, Institute-Ballymena, Institute-Donegal Celtic) so both of the local clubs are no strangers to me. I hope Derry can win the Eircom League, would be a nice change, and I'm not too wild about Cork City. Too bad Institute went down though, we've got 5 Belfast clubs in the premier now, that's just too much (although convenient for me, living in Belfast).

Derry will have no problems tonight. No way you will lose 0-5. Gretna will never come close to progressing even.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby atomium » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:26 pm

Hi, I'm Anto/Atomium...Welcome...I'll add your MSN.

Anto -
atomium
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:25 pm

By the way, this man's city Derry is a great place for music. They used to have The Undertones, one of the earliest punk bands, and authors of the everlasting evergreen Teenage Kicks. And currently in the new era, there's the mighty Messiah Syndrome, one of the most talented unsigned bands I've seen so far... (you may know them, HowSoonIsNever? If not, check them out, they often perform in the Nerve Center: http://www.messiahsyndrome.co.uk and http://www.myspace.com/messiahsyndrome)

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: Newbie

Postby rorschach » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:15 am

The greatest comeback since Lazarus? Well, um ,no not exactly.

I used to post here under the name HowSoonIsNever? but stopped for various reasons (I just plumb forgot about it being the main one) . Was looking through my old email there and seen the e-mail regarding the switch and thought I'd join you again (Because you seem like fantastic people).

Oh, and I can't seem to get into my old account the site wont recognise my old username
Freedom is the only way, yeah

http://www.pbfcomics.com/
rorschach
Advanced

Postby Profanity » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Welcome Liam. :D
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
Profanity
Regular

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Finally the Irish connection is coming back alive. Now let's also try to get Bref and Irish Blood Irish Heart back and restore the forum domination by the Green Island people! :wink:

How are the Candystripes of Derry doing? My team Shelbourne embarrassed itself by not even finishing top-3 in the first division :oops:

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re:

Postby Profanity » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:30 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Plenty? Who is from NI then as well?

Hi Liam, I am a native Belgian but living and working in Northern Ireland since over a year. I live in Belfast but I've been to Derry/L'derry (I'm always saying both to avoid unvoluntarely insulting someone) several times. Lovely city, great football team, and home of the mighty Messiah Syndrome which is one of the rare metal bands I never get bored of.

Good to see another Northern Ireland citizen here! Do you support any Eircom League or Irish League team? I've been at both Derry City and Institute FC a few times.

What part of Belfast are you in? One of my brothers married a girl from there so I know the city quite well.

PS It'll always be Derry to me :wink:
- Oscar Wilde
Profanity
Regular

Postby rorschach » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Well we won our first two games this season so its been a good start. To be honest though I'm more of an Arsenal fan but of course I do keep an eye on how the City are doing too. Poor Shels, though the Derry fans wont have much sympathy after Shels won the title from them on goal difference in 2006. It was a bitter blow for city.

And yeah profanity, It's always been Derry for me too ;)
Freedom is the only way, yeah

http://www.pbfcomics.com/
rorschach
Advanced

Postby Profanity » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 pm

*runs into thread screaming Celtic!* *runs out again*
- Oscar Wilde
Profanity
Regular

Next

Return to Introduction Forum