Newbie here

Postby Shorty » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm

Hey, I'm new to the forum, and well new to Morrissey and the Smiths as well, I've been into Moz since I first heard him 3 months ago on a music video show, I bought his best of and thought it was great. So I bought a few more of his albums and eventually a couple of the Smiths' albums. I still haven't got them all, but well I'ma teenager without money now that the summer is over, I will get them all eventually. I also saw Moz live on the 22nd of August in Marlay Park, great support acts and an amazing headliner.

Well a little about me, I'm 16, I'm a guy, and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. Currently in my last year of Secondary School. Other bands I like include, U2, The Boomtown Rats, Gary Moore, Aslan, Thin Lizzy, and The Verve, to name but a few.
Shorty

Postby elko » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:49 pm

Welcome! Hope you like it....
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:30 pm

Hello there! :P
New to the forum & new to The Smiths and Morrissey...oh, you've got so much to discover, so much to delight in... :rolleyes:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:34 pm

Welcome Shorty! Hope you enjoy it here :)

Seems a great time to become a Morrissey/Smiths fan, with Morrissey releasing albums in the last couple of years after a dry spell, and with Marr stirring up some headlines recently with Modest Mouse :o
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:14 am

Shorty wrote:Hey, I'm new to the forum, and well new to Morrissey and the Smiths as well, I've been into Moz since I first heard him 3 months ago on a music video show, I bought his best of and thought it was great. So I bought a few more of his albums and eventually a couple of the Smiths' albums. I still haven't got them all, but well I'ma teenager without money now that the summer is over, I will get them all eventually. I also saw Moz live on the 22nd of August in Marlay Park, great support acts and an amazing headliner.

Well a little about me, I'm 16, I'm a guy, and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. Currently in my last year of Secondary School. Other bands I like include, U2, The Boomtown Rats, Gary Moore, Aslan, Thin Lizzy, and The Verve, to name but a few.

and the Green Island presence on the boards is growing and growing B) We have a few other Dubs on here. I am based in Belfast myself, not too far away from you neither :)

Aslan eh? They seem to be huge in the Republic of Ireland, everytime I visit Dublin I see lot of Aslan records in the stores (and apparently as for what I'm told they sell out shows all across the country on constant basis?) which is a whole difference with us in the North. In Northern Ireland you'll find some albums but not ever present, and they rarely perform here (although they did finally cross the border again after months and months -- they played Belfast Feile last month)

By the way, do you support any Eircom League team? When I lived in Dublin (lived there for a year before moving north) I attended lot of Shelbourne games, whereas the new Shamrock Rovers ground (the unfinished one in Tallaght) was around the corner of my flat...
Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am

if only you had have ventured here a month a go Shorty, CP & I met up for the Marlay park gig & Bref went along too, so who knows you might have been alongside one of us?
Enjoy the boards

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:36 am

welcome aboard, shorty.
(secretly i enjoy it when people have a non-smiths tag)

at this rate, we'll all be speaking <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_language" target="_blank">Gaeilge</a>. :D
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:34 pm

Hey shorty, what part of Dublin are you from?
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shorty » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:46 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:
Aslan eh? They seem to be huge in the Republic of Ireland, everytime I visit Dublin I see lot of Aslan records in the stores (and apparently as for what I'm told they sell out shows all across the country on constant basis?) which is a whole difference with us in the North. In Northern Ireland you'll find some albums but not ever present, and they rarely perform here (although they did finally cross the border again after months and months -- they played Belfast Feile last month)

By the way, do you support any Eircom League team? When I lived in Dublin (lived there for a year before moving north) I attended lot of Shelbourne games, whereas the new Shamrock Rovers ground (the unfinished one in Tallaght) was around the corner of my flat...

Yeah they are pretty big here, I've seen them live twice, once in the Point and once in Vicar Street both great concerts. Yeah and all there records except one are widely available, it took me forever to get the except one, one

Not a big fan of the Eircom league, though I have been to see Shels a couple of times, and I saw Bray in a friendly against Newcastle Utd.(my favourite team)

Grim O'Grady wrote:if only you had have ventured here a month a go Shorty, CP & I met up for the Marlay park gig & Bref went along too, so who knows you might have been alongside one of us?
Enjoy the boards

love

Grim

you were the guy who jumped the barricade weren't you? the guy next to me was the really angry guy who started calling the Security b*stards, c*nts etc., maybe you might of noticed him
Bref wrote:Hey shorty, what part of Dublin are you from?

I'm from the D4 area
Last edited by Shorty on Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shorty

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:22 pm

hi Shorty,
no that was Shuggy who tried to get to Moz, he was part of our group though. Mr Angry is Gripper off moz-solo boards. I took a more laid back much further back stance tbh.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Return to Introduction Forum