heya from Ireland

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:39 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:And ehm, do you mean Castlecourt?? I don't know Canalcourt, it could be a shop I've never been to, but I assume you mean the Castlecourt shopping in the Royal Avenue shopping district? Check the sideroads of the big avenue, you will find RipOff clothing and Fresh Garbage who have some excellent imported music shirts and lot of nice accessoires! And just around the corner of Fresh Garbage there's Hector's House which is the best music store in town, having lot of rarities and a lot of vinyl from the eighties (including some good Smiths material)!

yeh, Castlecourt thats it!! ooh and thanks for the info on the other shops!! i will definatly go to that music shop!!!!! im lucky that my dad was a Smiths fan and i borrowed (read:stole!) his The Queen Is Dead LP.

they were giving away tickets to the "sold out" Muse show on Pet Sounds the other night. id say you could get them though, there is always people selling them outside the venue! im going to We Are Scientists on Monday!!! :D :D

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:45 pm

Getting tickets is usually no problem, but the price... oh well, Muse are worth it, even though seeing them the next day as well :)

We got some decent shops in Belfast allright. I live quite central, so it's very convenient for me to hit the stores. The only thing I lack is a store focussing on alternative music, but guess that's Northern Ireland for you: commercial music dominates and you'll rarely see a club playing truely good indie music. The Limelight is probably the closest we got, but it's still far from what I like.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:
We got some decent shops in Belfast allright. I live quite central, so it's very convenient for me to hit the stores. The only thing I lack is a store focussing on alternative music, but guess that's Northern Ireland for you: commercial music dominates and you'll rarely see a club playing truely good indie music. The Limelight is probably the closest we got, but it's still far from what I like.

Dundalk isnt much better, but if you are down this neck of the woodds again, the best is probably the Spirit Store, has some very good alternative live bands! ive been going there (and drinking there) for three years and the first time i ever got asked for ID was last week! and being 17, i dont have any, so now i need to find a new place to hang out! :( :angry:

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:15 pm

Yeah, those ID requirements are kinda ridiculous in Ireland. I don't have any negative consequences from it, being 24 (almost 25 even), but I can imagine for a mature youngster it's frustrating.

I've been in Dundalk and often drove through it when visiting Dublin. It's a charming enough town (nothing like Belfast of course :D but I may be biased on that one!) and had some nice cosy streets in the town centre. And a nice football ground.

Since emigrating to Ireland I've explored Dublin, Belfast, Dundalk, Longford, Lisburn, Dungannon, (London)Derry, Newcastle, Bray, Dun Laoghoire, Dalkey, Limerick, Galway, Aran Islands, Wicklow, Glendalough national park, and Newbridge (but that latter was really nothing). Especially Belfast, Derry and Galway are really nice (despite an unsuccesful romance in Galway, the memories are sweet and I still like to visit the town again). The only thing bad about Ireland is that rain, but being originally from Belgium I'm kinda used to that!
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:24 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:
Since emigrating to Ireland I've explored Dublin, Belfast, Dundalk, Longford, Lisburn, Dungannon, (London)Derry, Newcastle, Bray, Dun Laoghoire, Dalkey, Limerick, Galway, Aran Islands, Wicklow, Glendalough national park, and Newbridge (but that latter was really nothing). Especially Belfast, Derry and Galway are really nice (despite an unsuccesful romance in Galway, the memories are sweet and I still like to visit the town again). The only thing bad about Ireland is that rain, but being originally from Belgium I'm kinda used to that!

haha i think youve been more places than me!! and ive been here since i was born! yeh, the rain sucks, im soaked from walking home from the bus :(

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby Mozzera » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:15 am

Hi Louise!!!
I also like Placebo + Muse!!!! ^_^
<!--fonto:Tahoma--><span style="font-family:Tahoma"><!--/fonto-->does the body rule the mind?... or does the mind rule the body? (i dunno)<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Mozzera

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:09 pm

irishbloodirishheart wrote:<!--quoteo(post=35609:date=Oct 25 2006, 10:15 PM:name=Cracked Pleasures)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cracked Pleasures @ Oct 25 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]35609[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

haha i think youve been more places than me!! and ive been here since i was born! yeh, the rain sucks, im soaked from walking home from the bus :(

xxx
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I still need to get to Cork, Donegal and Ring of Kerry, so I'm sure you've seen more of Ireland than me :D Heck, I've been to Berlin and Oslo this year but still haven't visited Bangor (15 miles from Belfast) yet :huh:

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby HowSoonIsNever? » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:23 pm

Hello and welcome. Us Irish are clogging the place up.
Futures!
HowSoonIsNever?
Regular

Previous

Return to Introduction Forum