heya from Ireland

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:48 pm

hey,

my names Louise, im 17 from Ireland and an obsessive Morrissey/Smiths fan. i also love Jeff Buckley and Placebo and loads and loads more!!!
i saw Morrissey live on August 22nd this year and it was soooo amazing. i waited all day and got front row and then my camera broke :( but the dude that was standing beside me send me his photos so i was :D
probably my favourite Smiths song is There Is A Light That Never Goes Out or I Know Its Over

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby elko » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:52 pm

Welcome! Hope you like the forum and that.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:14 am

Welcome! Nice to see other Green Islands citizens appearing. We're starting to somewhat dominate the forum here :D (I am living in Belfast myself, HowSoonIsNever is from Derry, and Domestique and Bref are from Dublin)

I'm a Placebo fan as well by the way.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:08 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Welcome! Nice to see other Green Islands citizens appearing. We're starting to somewhat dominate the forum here :D (I am living in Belfast myself, HowSoonIsNever is from Derry, and Domestique and Bref are from Dublin)

I'm a Placebo fan as well by the way.

and here was me thinking i was original! :lol: the more the merrier (or at least drunker :lol: )

xxx
zl
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby Bref » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Hi Louise, welcome to the forum. Where are you from in ireland?
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:47 pm

irishbloodirishheart wrote:hey,

my names Louise, im 17 from Ireland and an obsessive Morrissey/Smiths fan. i also love Jeff Buckley and Placebo and loads and loads more!!!

xxx

Just out of interest: which more?

I'm into Marilyn Manson, Bauhaus, Heather Nova, Silke Bischoff, Blutengel, Manic Street Preachers, Muse, Indochine, Echo & The Bunnymen, A Perfect Circle quite a lot as well.

(Two weeks before the Muse concert B) )
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby atomium » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:14 pm

Welcome to ya'

Anto -
atomium
Supreme

Postby rubygirl » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:28 pm

Hellos!! :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:00 am

HEY HEY HEY (trying to imitate the "Krysty the Clown"-laugh but failing so bad...)
Welcome!!!!
I'd also like to know what the LOADS MORE are

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:04 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:
(Two weeks before the Muse concert B) )

for me.... 10 days until Muse concert! B)

other stuff includes Ben Harper, Bright Eyes, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly, Manic Street Preachers, Incubus, Bob Marley, Dave Matthews Band, Jurassic 5, De La Soul, Guillemots, Pantera, Slayer, Jamie T, The Posies, Ken Stringfellow, Mercury Rev, Willy Mason, Thom Yorke, Radiohead, Thin Lizzy, The Cure, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Syd Barrett, Sigur Ros, We Are Scientists, Chris Cornell, Silverchair, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, Pearl Jam.... and probably a lot more, my brain tends to go blank on stuff like this :unsure:

im from Dundalk, Co. Louth :D

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:26 pm

I know Dundalk well, have been there for football (Oriel Park) and meanwhile photographed the whole town. Easy bus connection with my home Belfast, and a charming enough town. There's a very cosy pub in the main street, not too sure of the name though as I'm not that good in remembering bar names :unsure:

Are you seeing Muse in Belfast or Dublin? I am definitely going to Belfast (ticket was booked the day sales began) but am very much considering to also go down to Dublin the day before. For once a quality band comes to Ireland, it'd be a shame not to attend both concerts.

You got a good taste there: Syd Barrett, The Cure, Manics, Placebo, Smiths, ...

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:20 pm

irishbloodirishheart wrote:hey,

xxx

welcome aboard. after seeing your post about nusrat, i suddenly realized you were new.
then i re-read what you said about how you became familiar with nusrat--that you worked at an orphanage in India.

:blink:
:)

that is amazing and courageous and all-sorts-of-great-stuff!!! *tips cap*
i'd love to hear anything you care to share about that experience.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:02 pm

Someone into travelling, into Placebo and the Smiths, and open for new cultural experiences... and Irish! Glad you found your way to this forum, it's always a pleasure to meet people that open-minded (and with a good music taste, Brian Molko rocks :P )

How did you get to work in India? Were you living there or was it voluntary seasonal work during a sort of exchange program? Anyway, my deepest respect for doing such a thing at such a young age, it must have been a unique experience on all possible levels.

PS Chicken: can you mail me soms of those tunes? I love Arabian music, but I don't know that singer that well yet... Time to discover I'd say!

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:41 pm

yeh, im going to the Dublin Muse gig, apparantly its sold out but im sure youll be able to get a ticket outside the Point on the day (and be very very ripped off for it!!), i got my Muse ticket on presale to guarantee i would see them!!

Belfast is great, been there a few times for ice skating (i fell aLOT :( ) and for shopping!! woooo for the Canalcourt and Juncrion One!!!!!!

i worked in Calcutta for a month last summer in an orphanage with handicapped children. it was a group thing, 17 of us in total went and we had to raise €21,000 to go, and we raised another €25,000 to give to the orphanages. if i get a scanner i'll put up some pictures, the kids would break your heart! i wanted to take them all home, especially this little guy called Puti, who i called Jimi because he was the spitting image of Jimi Hendrix! (afro and all!!).

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:31 pm

was it with an Irish organisation you went? Anyways, kudos to you. Most young people would be not interested in such thing at all and rather spend their holidays hanging around their own town doing nothing. It is very nice to see people interested in discovering new cultures.

And ehm, do you mean Castlecourt?? I don't know Canalcourt, it could be a shop I've never been to, but I assume you mean the Castlecourt shopping in the Royal Avenue shopping district? Check the sideroads of the big avenue, you will find RipOff clothing and Fresh Garbage who have some excellent imported music shirts and lot of nice accessoires! And just around the corner of Fresh Garbage there's Hector's House which is the best music store in town, having lot of rarities and a lot of vinyl from the eighties (including some good Smiths material)!

Muse in Dublin sold out?? I never had problems getting into concerts, for the Manic Street Preachers and even U2 I also managed to buy a ticket outside the venue.
If I will come down depends on if I get the Saturday off at work (I work Saturdays, luckily only till 2pm). I need to make sure I'm fit for Saturday when the Belfast gig comes! I believe you can still get a ticket for Belfast (not sure as I bought mine at the first day of ticketsales, but I see hang-outs all over the city so I assume there must be a few left)

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Introduction Forum