an afraid girl

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:03 pm

Night wrote:
Of course, I love Cash!! He is not only a great songwriter, he is also a poet, which is simply perfect... So, I forgot to say that I love Leonard Cohen too...
Concerning Antony and the Johnsons, I can't really listen to You are my sister because it reminds me of my sister who is too far from me... In fact, it's better for me not to listen to him, because each of the songs can remind me of someone I might miss. So I try to avoid that!
And yeah, Molko was great until he got the idea to shave his hair. Now he lokks like a... don't know what what but not like a normal Molko!



aaw yeh it makes me think of my sister at uni! when we saw him and he did that song me were both crying and i first heard it when she put it on a compilation for me,so it makes me sad whenever i listne to it! lots of songs i love have memories of people and stuff though, i love that about music, its the best way to remember things! :D
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
User avatar
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: a sunny day,at the cemetry gates...or sheffield

Postby yandee » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:53 pm

Night wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36731:date=Nov 10 2006, 09:27 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 10 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]36731[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36690:date=Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM:name=Night)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Night @ Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]36690[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36606:date=Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]36606[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Of course Doherty is an arsehole and (what wasn't mentioned so far) he is soooo ridiculous, he's really laughable haha hahaha ha hahaha ha...you know :lol: I would also recommend watching "Who the fuck is Pete Dockerty?" to you darling, it's quite interesting, although it's not No Direction Home.

I will I will... Just hope I will find it!
And that's true, he looks ridiculous. I mean, I know a guy wearing eactly with the same style and he's hot, so I don't know how he manage to look so stupid. Besides, I know so many girls who say he's the greatest sexual fantasy. I just can't figure out what's sexy about him. <_< The only thing worth it on him is maybe this long black coat he's wearing sometimes. And his hat.

yandee wrote:Can't celibates just enjoy the sight of such a beautiful body??? :P

As I'm heterosexual, I do like watch girls but you know... It's like watching chocolate for hours when you're on diet! Kind of frustrating (ok, I must admit Im watching gay magazines sometimes... but I would'nt recommend it)

yandee wrote:Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber wenn ich mir deine wahnsinnig süße Antwort mit diesem französischem Akzent vorstelle... :wub: :wub: :wub: Ich wünsche dir schon jetzt mal ein schönes Sommersemester in Graz!!! Auch wenn Thomas Bernhard sagt "In Graz muss niemand gewesen sein, denn in Graz herrscht nur der Stumpfsinn!" :D Herzlich willkommen im Irrenhaus :lol:

Ooooh... great! :unsure: Besides, I heard they have such an awfull accent... Like, it's even worse than scottish-english for English learners! Anyway, I was once in Salzburg and was fed up with Mozart there and I remember I just wish I would hear some good jazz. Then somebody told me Graz was the town of jazz music. That's not the reason why I'm going there but it's quite reassuring. So... I just hope I won't get more stupid than I already am, beacuse there won't be much left then!
By the way, where is exactly Irrenhaus? (I'm French, so I'm not that good in Geography, even though my accent is supposedly cool)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well what's so sexy about Moz in his 20s? It's just the same only a bit dirtier. It evokes your (and especially my) mother instinct...I mean you've got to admit that, if he's not high on crack, he looks just like some little school boy. I would say that his eyes definetly have something

For most celibates (well at least for some) it's chosen sexual exile, if I can put it like that. It's not they are on a diet, because they want to get somewhere special, it's more out of not feeling as a sexual person or simply not being interested in sex at all (for further information I would recomend our Celibate-thread to you)

Well they have got some terrible accent, but you could have it so much worse. You could for example go to Vorarlberg: they tend to a swiss austrian accent...I don't even understand them although I've got some relatives there...but there are some dialect-hardliners everywhere and you won't be able to understand them. Generally the Austrian spoken in Vienna is the one accent most likely to be understood, but if you for example go to Favoriten or Ottakring, those worker's districts, you won't even understand a thing. Or can you tell me what " Heast Deppada, wüst a Watschn?" means? Graz is a really nice city, I've been there a few times, be glad that you go there in summer!!! Is Salzburg that bad? I've only been there for short periods of time, but in a year's time I'll probably be there at the university.
If you listen to enough Radiohead, you can only get wiser :D , even though you're in Graz.
btw "Irrenhaus" is not a geografic term, but the german expression for "insane asylum" :lol:
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Come on, don't compare Morrissey to Pete Doherty or I'm going to die... Besides, it has nothing to do with a mother instinct, I don't give a damn about his drug addiction problems, it's more linked to my personal tastes and experiences. I don't know, I feel much more attracted to clean guys, loosers and geeks than to bad boys, that's all. And to be honest, Mick Jagger, Iggy Popp and so on also looked bad and not very sexy to me. Morrissey in his 20's looked like a geek, a looser. Yes, and he didn't look very sexy, that's true. But he has always had something Pete Doherty never had, and this is charisma. I was quite disappointed when I discovered how Pete Doherty looked as a matter of fact... I can't get rid of this disappointment.
And concerning Salzburg, what really got on my nerves was the big buzz about Mozart. What's more, I didn't like neither the fact it is a very wealthy town and therefore very expensive, nor the false and superficial picture they gave you of the town, as if it was made for tourists... But except that, I must admit that there are some areas that are great, and some places worth it to go out... I'm just happy I wasn't there only for 3 weeks because I started to be sick of the drawbacks.
"Irrenhaus"... ok, you should have thought that I could'nt know what it meant! lol but now you can see that my level is not good even though it should be the same as in English!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No, of course I don't want you to die, so I'll give in. I can't really articulate my feelings towards Pete Doherty, mainly because I'm not sure what to think about him. Last friday before whatching that great bosnian film Grbavica, I discussed the problematic situation of Doherty with some girl, who is so much into literature that she has no time for popmusic. She told me that he was acting sooo ridiculous, but when I asked her about his music she didn't know any of it and so I listened to the Babyshambles record the whole weekend, for I didn't know how to discribe hios music to her...so I spent a weekend with Pete Doherty and I I am constantly thinking of the fact that his behaviour must seem very romantic to so many people. I would probably say that his "attractivity" does certainly not come from his looks.
I also wouldn't call Pete Doherty a bad boy...in my eyes he's still that romantic geek he seemed to be in 2003. So it's still some kind of connection to Moz, although you've got to look for it. But as concerns charisma, you're probably right, for Morrissey is the world's only popstar and Pete is constantly in danger of breaking under the pressure of fame...but I thought he was quite charismatic back in those days of 2003.
Thanks for the Salzburg information, darling. A friend of mine with whom I wanted to geo to Salzburg is there since October and he can't really describe it to me by now.
Concerning Leonard Cohen 3 questions: 1. Best Song? 2. Best Record? 3. Have you read one of his books?
I love him so much. Right now listening to "Stories of the Street"
Image

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:00 pm

I adore Salzburg, I truely fell in love with that city. The beautiful buildings, the charming narrow streets, the mountains, that romantic little river, ... Beautiful city. I'd love to live there (but probably couldn't afford it anyway!)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

Image
Image

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:52 am
Location: travelling

Postby yandee » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:07 pm

When you are in Graz try to get to see a band called "Soap and Skin"....really beautiful....just heard about it the other day...it's a sixteen year old girl from Graz who can't be classified, probably electro influenced piano grandezza...she's such a wunderkind...stopped to listen to music at fifteen after the last Aphex Twin record because she says she has heard everything. If she hasn't stopped giving concerts until summer, you'll probably get to hear her...it still sends shivers down my spine, when I think of it.
Image

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria

Postby Night » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:42 am

yandee wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36876:date=Nov 13 2006, 06:51 PM:name=Night)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Night @ Nov 13 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]36876[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36731:date=Nov 10 2006, 09:27 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 10 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]36731[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36690:date=Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM:name=Night)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Night @ Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]36690[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36606:date=Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]36606[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Of course Doherty is an arsehole and (what wasn't mentioned so far) he is soooo ridiculous, he's really laughable haha hahaha ha hahaha ha...you know :lol: I would also recommend watching "Who the fuck is Pete Dockerty?" to you darling, it's quite interesting, although it's not No Direction Home.

I will I will... Just hope I will find it!
And that's true, he looks ridiculous. I mean, I know a guy wearing eactly with the same style and he's hot, so I don't know how he manage to look so stupid. Besides, I know so many girls who say he's the greatest sexual fantasy. I just can't figure out what's sexy about him. <_< The only thing worth it on him is maybe this long black coat he's wearing sometimes. And his hat.

yandee wrote:Can't celibates just enjoy the sight of such a beautiful body??? :P

As I'm heterosexual, I do like watch girls but you know... It's like watching chocolate for hours when you're on diet! Kind of frustrating (ok, I must admit Im watching gay magazines sometimes... but I would'nt recommend it)

yandee wrote:Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber wenn ich mir deine wahnsinnig süße Antwort mit diesem französischem Akzent vorstelle... :wub: :wub: :wub: Ich wünsche dir schon jetzt mal ein schönes Sommersemester in Graz!!! Auch wenn Thomas Bernhard sagt "In Graz muss niemand gewesen sein, denn in Graz herrscht nur der Stumpfsinn!" :D Herzlich willkommen im Irrenhaus :lol:

Ooooh... great! :unsure: Besides, I heard they have such an awfull accent... Like, it's even worse than scottish-english for English learners! Anyway, I was once in Salzburg and was fed up with Mozart there and I remember I just wish I would hear some good jazz. Then somebody told me Graz was the town of jazz music. That's not the reason why I'm going there but it's quite reassuring. So... I just hope I won't get more stupid than I already am, beacuse there won't be much left then!
By the way, where is exactly Irrenhaus? (I'm French, so I'm not that good in Geography, even though my accent is supposedly cool)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well what's so sexy about Moz in his 20s? It's just the same only a bit dirtier. It evokes your (and especially my) mother instinct...I mean you've got to admit that, if he's not high on crack, he looks just like some little school boy. I would say that his eyes definetly have something

For most celibates (well at least for some) it's chosen sexual exile, if I can put it like that. It's not they are on a diet, because they want to get somewhere special, it's more out of not feeling as a sexual person or simply not being interested in sex at all (for further information I would recomend our Celibate-thread to you)

Well they have got some terrible accent, but you could have it so much worse. You could for example go to Vorarlberg: they tend to a swiss austrian accent...I don't even understand them although I've got some relatives there...but there are some dialect-hardliners everywhere and you won't be able to understand them. Generally the Austrian spoken in Vienna is the one accent most likely to be understood, but if you for example go to Favoriten or Ottakring, those worker's districts, you won't even understand a thing. Or can you tell me what " Heast Deppada, wüst a Watschn?" means? Graz is a really nice city, I've been there a few times, be glad that you go there in summer!!! Is Salzburg that bad? I've only been there for short periods of time, but in a year's time I'll probably be there at the university.
If you listen to enough Radiohead, you can only get wiser :D , even though you're in Graz.
btw "Irrenhaus" is not a geografic term, but the german expression for "insane asylum" :lol:
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Come on, don't compare Morrissey to Pete Doherty or I'm going to die... Besides, it has nothing to do with a mother instinct, I don't give a damn about his drug addiction problems, it's more linked to my personal tastes and experiences. I don't know, I feel much more attracted to clean guys, loosers and geeks than to bad boys, that's all. And to be honest, Mick Jagger, Iggy Popp and so on also looked bad and not very sexy to me. Morrissey in his 20's looked like a geek, a looser. Yes, and he didn't look very sexy, that's true. But he has always had something Pete Doherty never had, and this is charisma. I was quite disappointed when I discovered how Pete Doherty looked as a matter of fact... I can't get rid of this disappointment.
And concerning Salzburg, what really got on my nerves was the big buzz about Mozart. What's more, I didn't like neither the fact it is a very wealthy town and therefore very expensive, nor the false and superficial picture they gave you of the town, as if it was made for tourists... But except that, I must admit that there are some areas that are great, and some places worth it to go out... I'm just happy I wasn't there only for 3 weeks because I started to be sick of the drawbacks.
"Irrenhaus"... ok, you should have thought that I could'nt know what it meant! lol but now you can see that my level is not good even though it should be the same as in English!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No, of course I don't want you to die, so I'll give in. I can't really articulate my feelings towards Pete Doherty, mainly because I'm not sure what to think about him. Last friday before whatching that great bosnian film Grbavica, I discussed the problematic situation of Doherty with some girl, who is so much into literature that she has no time for popmusic. She told me that he was acting sooo ridiculous, but when I asked her about his music she didn't know any of it and so I listened to the Babyshambles record the whole weekend, for I didn't know how to discribe hios music to her...so I spent a weekend with Pete Doherty and I I am constantly thinking of the fact that his behaviour must seem very romantic to so many people. I would probably say that his "attractivity" does certainly not come from his looks.
I also wouldn't call Pete Doherty a bad boy...in my eyes he's still that romantic geek he seemed to be in 2003. So it's still some kind of connection to Moz, although you've got to look for it. But as concerns charisma, you're probably right, for Morrissey is the world's only popstar and Pete is constantly in danger of breaking under the pressure of fame...but I thought he was quite charismatic back in those days of 2003.
Thanks for the Salzburg information, darling. A friend of mine with whom I wanted to geo to Salzburg is there since October and he can't really describe it to me by now.
Concerning Leonard Cohen 3 questions: 1. Best Song? 2. Best Record? 3. Have you read one of his books?
I love him so much. Right now listening to "Stories of the Street"
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
(I really like Grbavica, it's stupid to say that, but it's so true in the same time : only a woman could have done this. It's exactly what should have been done about the subject)
I listen to the Libertines for more than 3 weeks now, because I had the bad idea to make my erasmus friends discover it... and they can't help listen to it all the time! So, I can understand your feelings towards Doherty, but you can imagine mine, when I see hime or Kate on every single cover of some pretending-to-be rock magazine or tabloids in the streets. I did'nt like the fact he acted as if he was some bad boy, whereas he rather looked like a victim.
Concerning Salzburg, it's just my opinion and you should definitely visit the town once your life, even though it wasn't as astonishing ofr me as I expected.
And Leonard Cohen... Well, one song, I don't know, besides, I HATE this question, I can't choose only one song... Then, my favourite album is the first one, as it's the first one I heard in my life. It's simply that. I think it's called Songs if I remember well (fucking MP3 player, you never know nothing because of them unless you spend 10 hours typing all the informations...), then the books... I only have Stranger Music, to be honest. So I love it, it's practically torn, as I read it again and over again... But sorry I don't have any other book.


Cracked Pleasures wrote:I adore Salzburg, I truely fell in love with that city. The beautiful buildings, the charming narrow streets, the mountains, that romantic little river, ... Beautiful city. I'd love to live there (but probably couldn't afford it anyway!)

That'sexactly what I don't like about this city : you have to afford that kind of city. So you can imagine what kind of people you will meet there and all...
I'm the kind of person who likes when there are some dangerous places in a town, as well as rich parts. Big cities usually! i guess Salzburg is too small for me.

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Takes a lot of guts to post a picture like that as avatar (if it's a picture of yourself anyway, but that doesn't matter that much)

The nickname is short but powerful, I like everything even remotely dark. Just out of interest: are you goth as well or is the nickname chosen for completely different reasons?

Well I took some much more ... let's say "powerfull" pictures of myself on the web.
Sorry for disappointing you, but I'm not goth. And yes, it has been chosen for a different reason, but I'll admit that the reason is also linked to the fact that I'm rather a tormented girl.
<!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto-->I came down to wish an unhappy birthday<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Night
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:44 pm
Location: near Glasgow

Postby yandee » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:22 pm

Night wrote:And Leonard Cohen... Well, one song, I don't know, besides, I HATE this question, I can't choose only one song... Then, my favourite album is the first one, as it's the first one I heard in my life. It's simply that. I think it's called Songs if I remember well (fucking MP3 player, you never know nothing because of them unless you spend 10 hours typing all the informations...), then the books... I only have Stranger Music, to be honest. So I love it, it's practically torn, as I read it again and over again... But sorry I don't have any other book.


Well I was hoping for that answer, for there is nothing worse than people reducing the whole output of some genius, and Cohen is a fucking genius, for god's sake, to only one song...and mostly the answer is Suzanne...don't get me wrong I dearly love Suzanne, but it's just not the answer you want to get...it's just like those people reducing Dylan to Blowing In The Wind. I'm really glad you didn't name one :D
And of course "Songs of Leonard Cohen" is such a beautiful record...I mean "Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye" and "So Long Marrianne" and all those astonishingly beautiful songs :wub:
I know it's a bad question for you certainly will, but: Do you know "Songs of Love and Hate" and do you care for it? I would call this one my favourite recording, but this changes from time to time.
I'm currently reading "Beautiful Losers" which I found on some public library boot sale. I think I bought it for 50 cent....along with several Henry Miller, D.H. Lawrence and the last book by Saint Exupery. I don't know what it is called and I haven't started, but I definetely will. (btw. I only bought it because you reminded me of reading Le Petit Prence once more :D )...ah yeah and Beautiful Losers is btw one of the best books I've read in my life...I probably find it that attracting for my dear love of the beat poets and it's somehow post-beat-poetic. It's really good: sex and religion :D
Image

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria

Postby Night » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:02 pm

... uh... i'm back...
Well sorry for coming and then suddenly disappearing, but the life of an erasmus student is full of things which have nothing to do with a computer!
no, that's not true I DID have the time to come here, and even if I didn't, my first Morrissey show should have been a great topic to post here. Sorry...

Well, I dunno what to say, it's called procrastination, google it and you'll find out what is one of the biggest problems of my life.

Anyway, talking about the concert (2nd december in Glasgow) Morrissey was more than great, well, that's what I thought in my after-show "earphoria". After a little bit of thinking, I think he was sort of tired or something. It was a great sort of experience anyway. Very special.
Just before I go back to my work, because I really don't have the time just now to go into it much longer and as much as I'd like, Id like to add what I found very amazing there. There were actually two things. First, the guys' attitude at this concert is kind of weird... I mean, they are all acting ike the girls that you see on the Elvis Presley's videos, in a more "male" way if I can say. Guys seemed to worship him in a way that tends more to fanatism than girls. You know those religious christian pictures of adoration and all? That's it. Well, as a girl (ok, I'm tall but...), I fell like a sausage in a sandwich, because this adoration is also physical! Anyway, I've never seen this before, that's why I'm talking about it.

And the second thing that was surprising for me was the number of people there. A week after, I went to see Placebo in that very place, so I can tell. Even though Placebo was being announced for months -since September- the place was not even crowded with the third of what it could hold. Morrissey, on the other hand, has hardly been announced, and I knew about this concert only because of a poster seen incidentally on a wall only a month before. Well this concert was not sold out, but as I'm tall (yes I know, I'm repeating), I could jump but still couldn't see the end of the crowd, besides, the terraces were full... I heard Manchester was sold-out and all...To conclude, it's crazy to see the great demand there is for Morrissey's show!

One last thing : I don't remeber who here told me that I could go there alone, that people at this concert were so kind... and this is so true! I don't know exactly wh but people are so tolerant and friendly there (well people are always very friendly in Scotland).

So to finish with this stupid post, I just wanted to say to yandee : Ich bin Graz vor eine Woche und habe noch nicht über "Soap and skin" gehört, aber warscheinlich werde ich! Danke für deinen Rat!
<!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto-->I came down to wish an unhappy birthday<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Night
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:44 pm
Location: near Glasgow

Postby yandee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:40 pm

Hey! How nice to see you around again, my dear. I think Soap and Skin has left Graz for Vienna anyhow, but if you can manage, please go to the Naked Lunch show at the PPC on 13.03. I'll be at their show in my little home town tomorrow evening and their supposed to be so great. I mean their record definetely is :D I still can't believe that they're starting their tour in Steyr. Unfortunately it's the only gig without the support of the Laokoongruppe, but they should still be worth their money...you won't regret it. :D

And yeah, you're definetely right with those unbelieveably nice people at Moz shows. I went to his Munich show. I some really interesting conversations with people in the front rows and when Moz threw his shirt off the stage they were so kind to leave me a part of it. We all worked together to rip it apart with keys and teeth and shit. Stupid silk shirts :D
And well yeah, I guess we overreact a bit with our physical adoration for Moz, but I guess it's just our catholic upbringing that makes us worship and love him with full force. He's our saviour :D

I really hope you stick around a bit longer this time :D
Image

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria

Previous

Return to Introduction Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron