an afraid girl

Postby Night » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:02 pm

Hi!
(good start, now, what the hell am I supposed to say?)

I'm Night. Well it's not my real name. I'm 20. I'm a girl. And I never know what to say when I have to introduce myself.

In fact I do : I'm french, so I'd like to say sorry in advance for my frenglish. But to write and talk is the best way for me to improve.
I'm now for short time in Scotland as an exchange student to learn some English. And it's hard, especially in a place where people have such a strong and hard-to-understand accent. What frightens me the more is that I undertand practically everything now ( when I arrived, I asked people to repeat twice or three times each of their sentences). Which means that, if I don't pay attention to it, I will get a scottish accent. Nobody will understand me. In the same time, my vocabulary in French got shortened, so don't even try to have a conversation in French with me, I speak like a ned.

Anyway, some more usefull information about me : I'm addicted to coffee and chocolate. And both, black. I'm ugly and always on diet. I hate spinach, I love pastas. I'm vegetarian. My favourite color is black, my favourite flowers are poppies and sunflowers, my favourite book is "Le petit Prince", my favourite film is "Donnie Darko", my favourite odour is the fresh cut wood and the cinnamon. I like to draw naive little girls. I like to take photographies of the sky. I like ethnics necklaces and cute and girly earings. I have only one pair of high heels shoes but I love the way it looks on other girls and wish that one day I will have the guts to wear some too.
I smoke Camel or Marlboro (with mint flavour) cigarettes once a day.
I think that Kate Moss is the most beautiful girl in the world and that Pete Doherty is ugly and completely unhot. And he's an asshole. I think that the Smith's Tributes are bullshit. I think that I should'nt think. I would probably feel better.

I'm often afraid of what people might say or think about me. Once, somebody told me that I was cold and looking very unsimpathetic. I just hope this is not the image I gave you right now. Because I'm kind. Really, not kidding.

This is the first time I'm getting registered on a Smiths' forum. I don't know exactly why I decided to do it now. But thanks in advance of giving me the opportunity to be here.
<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->(don't put me on a guillotine)<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
<!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto-->I came down to wish an unhappy birthday<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Night

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:18 pm

Interesting introduction, very different (but that's a good thing)

Strangely fascinating avatar as well :blink: :unsure: :ph34r:
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:37 pm

I'm probably not in the position to welcome you to this lovely place for I myself am a member for only a month or something. But for I'm probably the first to read your thread I'll go on from here: Hello, darling!!! I'm yandee, I'm from Austria, I'd love you to join me in the quite short row of frequently misunderstood people in this forum. Love too have another ugly person here, but I'll bet that you ain't that ugly compared to me :D :D
SO WELCOME DEAR, HAVE FUN AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STICK AROUND :D :D

And yeah, before I forget...such a great avatar you've got there
Last edited by yandee on Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:55 pm

Hello, Night, cool nickname. Welcome to the forum.
I hate tribute bands too. But I admire Pete Doherty and I quite love him.
Stick around!!!

T.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:20 pm

Hello, nice avatar
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:22 pm

hiya! a girl after my own heart it would appear! black coffee and pasta are the best food/drink ever created, kate moss is perfection personified, and 'le petit prince' is awesome because my boyfriend dressed as the afformetioned prince at a fancy dress party once hehe! :D welcome! i think you'll fit right in haha!

Stefi xx :D
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:23 pm

yandee wrote:I'm probably not in the position to welcome you to this lovely place for I myself am a member for only a month or something.

Of course you are! We all are :D

Welcome Night, that is a pretty fascinating introduction, and your English is much better than that of the people I talk to day to day, honestly. Hope you'll stick around and make yourself known.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:40 pm

Still entranced by that avatar :ph34r: Argh, we need an 'artistic nudity' topic on this board (oops, pretend I just didn't say that! :ph34r: )
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:40 pm

'Night'.... I like it!
Well, welcome to Strangeways and we all hope you will stick around, there are some wildly... interesting individuals on this forum! :P You would mix with us quite well :P

Nice to have you 'round!
<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
kurt
Supreme

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:56 pm

hiya and welcome, from one newbie to another!!

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby rubygirl » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:18 pm

Lovely nick-name, Night!

It's great to have you aboard, this was one really interesting intro, so - do indulge us with even more posting!:)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:04 pm

Handsome Devil wrote:'Night'.... I like it!
Well, welcome to Strangeways and we all hope you will stick around, there are some wildly... interesting individuals on this forum! :P You would mix with us quite well :P

Nice to have you 'round!

:lol:
"wildly...interesting individuals"
that's not only madly amusing, but deftly accurate as well!!

welcome aboard, night!

(p.s. it is cool to see newbies welcoming one another; that's part of what a cyber-village is all about!!)
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:17 pm

chicken wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36473:date=Nov 8 2006, 08:40 PM:name=Handsome Devil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Handsome Devil @ Nov 8 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]36473[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
'Night'.... I like it!

Nice to have you 'round!

:lol:
"wildly...interesting individuals"
that's not only madly amusing, but deftly accurate as well!!

welcome aboard, night!

(p.s. it is cool to see newbies welcoming one another; that's part of what a cyber-village is all about!!)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Are we still a village? I think all we need is a pet shop and a cemetery and we can apply for town status ;)
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:17 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Still entranced by that avatar :ph34r: Argh, we need an 'artistic nudity' topic on this board (oops, pretend I just didn't say that! :ph34r: )

:lol: Lots of comments about the avatar, huh? The 'artistic nudity' topic idea... sounds... interesting, hehe.
Last edited by Truman Capote on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:48 pm

well, most forumers are adults or anyway mature enough to know how a bare body looks like, so I'd be up for the idea! :D The avatar is hypnotising, you just can't ignore it :unsure:

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Introduction Forum