an afraid girl

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:49 am

Hello Night. It is nice to hear from you, I'm glad you're finally here, it took you long enough! :D :D

Heh, anywhoms, welcome aboard and please make yourself comfortable!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:18 pm

Truman Capote wrote:But I admire Pete Doherty and I quite love him.

I hope you don't admire him for the wrong reasons :D (oh my god, this cheesy preaching fits me so well :lol: ) I myself also admire Doherty for being the only actual artist and poet of the zeds, fitting perfectly in a row of the greatest songwriter couples Lennon/McCartney, Morrissey/Marr, Doherty/Barat...(of course there are many many more...I could go on for ever and ever and ever, you know)
Did you see "Who the fuck is Pete Doherty?"? I must admit that I've only seen the first quarter, but it's still amazing...could interest you ;)

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Night » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:09 pm

Thanks everybody for your kind and warm welcome... I didn't expect so much...

Just to add something about Pete Doherty, ok he's great and all and personnaly, I like Babyshambles and was so amazed by The Libertines when I heard them first. But still he's an asshole. Great genuises were assholes. It doesn't mean they're not talented.

Regarding my nickname, like, it's very simple indeed, and I was both astonished and pleased you liked it. It has a strong meaning for me, but I can't really explain it to you as it's quite personnal... It is all the more surprising since it has nothing to do with the Smiths or Morrissey!
Concerning my avatar... What I noticed is that it has been much more appreciated by guys than girls -who don't give a damn. I wonder why... :rolleyes: Anyway, this is the best point of view on my body, so don't expect more ! But I really liked the idea of a topic about erotic pictures and all. The point is that I think there are some rules about it, blockers for instance, even though that, here we are supposed to be adults -never heard about children listening to the Smiths. (still I thought that the reputation of the Smiths' fans was to be absolute virgins, but it seems that the fact, that, now, the Moz himself has electric klegs between his legs changed everything... ;))

Now some personnal messages...
Yandee, ich kann auch deutsch sprechen, und ich werde in Graz fur meine Sommersemester studieren... Mein deutsch ist nicht so gut und das Forum ist in English deshalb dieses Mal ist die Erste und letztes Mal wenn ich in Deutsch sprechen wird... Ich wollte nur, dass du es weiss! Also, vielen dank fur deine Willkommen!

Charming girl, you should send me some picture of your boyfriend, I'd love to see how he looked like, as I get disguised for a party too, 2 years ago (unfortunately, don't have any pics, sorry), I would tell you who get the best diguise! And it's funny how we have so many common points... Don't have so much with any of my friends!

elko, thank you for your kindness about my English, but I am really aware of the fact that it is not perfect. I'm doing my best though!

And for everybody once more... THANK YOU !
<!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto-->I came down to wish an unhappy birthday<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Night

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:00 pm

hehe i dont have any pictures either im afraid, it was also quite a while ago, but it wasnt a very good costume really and he just went around saying 'je suis the little prince' in a truly awful, not at all french, norwich accent, was most amusing! :D

so what other bands do you like apart from the smiths?

Stefi x
Last edited by this_charming_girl on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:22 pm

Night wrote:Just to add something about Pete Doherty, ok he's great and all and personnaly, I like Babyshambles and was so amazed by The Libertines when I heard them first. But still he's an asshole. Great genuises were assholes. It doesn't mean they're not talented.

Concerning my avatar... What I noticed is that it has been much more appreciated by guys than girls -who don't give a damn. I wonder why... :rolleyes: Anyway, this is the best point of view on my body, so don't expect more ! But I really liked the idea of a topic about erotic pictures and all. The point is that I think there are some rules about it, blockers for instance, even though that, here we are supposed to be adults -never heard about children listening to the Smiths. (still I thought that the reputation of the Smiths' fans was to be absolute virgins, but it seems that the fact, that, now, the Moz himself has electric klegs between his legs changed everything... ;))

Now some personnal messages...
Yandee, ich kann auch deutsch sprechen, und ich werde in Graz fur meine Sommersemester studieren... Mein deutsch ist nicht so gut und das Forum ist in English deshalb dieses Mal ist die Erste und letztes Mal wenn ich in Deutsch sprechen wird... Ich wollte nur, dass du es weiss! Also, vielen dank fur deine Willkommen!

Of course Doherty is an arsehole and (what wasn't mentioned so far) he is soooo ridiculous, he's really laughable haha hahaha ha hahaha ha...you know :lol: I would also recommend watching "Who the fuck is Pete Dockerty?" to you darling, it's quite interesting, although it's not No Direction Home.

Can't celibates just enjoy the sight of such a beautiful body??? :P

Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber wenn ich mir deine wahnsinnig süße Antwort mit diesem französischem Akzent vorstelle... :wub: :wub: :wub: Ich wünsche dir schon jetzt mal ein schönes Sommersemester in Graz!!! Auch wenn Thomas Bernhard sagt "In Graz muss niemand gewesen sein, denn in Graz herrscht nur der Stumpfsinn!" :D Herzlich willkommen im Irrenhaus :lol:

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Night » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:35 pm

yandee wrote:Of course Doherty is an arsehole and (what wasn't mentioned so far) he is soooo ridiculous, he's really laughable haha hahaha ha hahaha ha...you know :lol: I would also recommend watching "Who the fuck is Pete Dockerty?" to you darling, it's quite interesting, although it's not No Direction Home.

I will I will... Just hope I will find it!
And that's true, he looks ridiculous. I mean, I know a guy wearing eactly with the same style and he's hot, so I don't know how he manage to look so stupid. Besides, I know so many girls who say he's the greatest sexual fantasy. I just can't figure out what's sexy about him. <_< The only thing worth it on him is maybe this long black coat he's wearing sometimes. And his hat.

yandee wrote:Can't celibates just enjoy the sight of such a beautiful body??? :P

As I'm heterosexual, I do like watch girls but you know... It's like watching chocolate for hours when you're on diet! Kind of frustrating (ok, I must admit Im watching gay magazines sometimes... but I would'nt recommend it)

yandee wrote:Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber wenn ich mir deine wahnsinnig süße Antwort mit diesem französischem Akzent vorstelle... :wub: :wub: :wub: Ich wünsche dir schon jetzt mal ein schönes Sommersemester in Graz!!! Auch wenn Thomas Bernhard sagt "In Graz muss niemand gewesen sein, denn in Graz herrscht nur der Stumpfsinn!" :D Herzlich willkommen im Irrenhaus :lol:

Ooooh... great! :unsure: Besides, I heard they have such an awfull accent... Like, it's even worse than scottish-english for English learners! Anyway, I was once in Salzburg and was fed up with Mozart there and I remember I just wish I would hear some good jazz. Then somebody told me Graz was the town of jazz music. That's not the reason why I'm going there but it's quite reassuring. So... I just hope I won't get more stupid than I already am, beacuse there won't be much left then!
By the way, where is exactly Irrenhaus? (I'm French, so I'm not that good in Geography, even though my accent is supposedly cool)
<!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto-->I came down to wish an unhappy birthday<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Night

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:08 pm

Night wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36606:date=Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]36606[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Of course Doherty is an arsehole and (what wasn't mentioned so far) he is soooo ridiculous, he's really laughable haha hahaha ha hahaha ha...you know :lol: I would also recommend watching "Who the fuck is Pete Dockerty?" to you darling, it's quite interesting, although it's not No Direction Home.

And that's true, he looks ridiculous. I mean, I know a guy wearing eactly with the same style and he's hot, so I don't know how he manage to look so stupid. Besides, I know so many girls who say he's the greatest sexual fantasy. I just can't figure out what's sexy about him. <_< The only thing worth it on him is maybe this long black coat he's wearing sometimes. And his hat.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Pete Doherty looks great! :angry:
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Night » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:24 pm

this_charming_girl wrote:hehe i dont have any pictures either im afraid, it was also quite a while ago, but it wasnt a very good costume really and he just went around saying 'je suis the little prince' in a truly awful, not at all french, norwich accent, was most amusing! :D

so what other bands do you like apart from the smiths?

Stefi x

I love Le Petit Prince. Seriously, I learned more things about life in this thin book than in 500 pages school books. Besides, have you ever seen the video of Suedehead> In case you didn't know, you can see Mox getting a parcel with Le Petit Prince (in french!!) in it.
Here's a picture but you should watch the video on Youtube anyway! ;) (here's a link :<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_X5GLvWSks" target="_blank">click</a> )

<a href="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=061110021734202780.jpg" target="_blank">Image</a>

So, the other bands I Like... woah, this is gonna be long, really, if you want me to go into it !
I listen mostly to rock music, as my father brought me into it since my childhood. It was more 60's-70's bands that he made me discver. My favourite ones -I mean the one I still listen to and that I remeber right now- are Jefferson Airplane, Joan Baez, Crosby, Still, Nash and Young, Neil Young, The mamas and Papaxs (don't laugh at me, I don't know why, but I just love them, it's like Abba...). My father is also very into Pink Floyd, so I just can't help but recognize their talent, despite the fact I find them uh... too intellectual, too... well I think you see what i mean if you ever heard a song but the ones from The wall. Then I discovered the bands from the 80's and 90's alone. And I had some kind of fascination for the glam-rock bands. Let's say I was totally crazy about them. Then I liked Punk, mostly The Ramones, Buzzcocks and The Clash, I didn't really like the American bands. Then, The Cure, and everybody is gonna kill me (don't kill me I'm vegetarian!) and all those strange bands from the 80's. The Spirit of the 80's and first half of 90's is a spirit I really like. The accent was on the individuals and feelings, there is always some kind of melancholy, I don't know exactly how to express that, but, there is something that gives you a little pain inside yourself, what I used to call an inner shiver. It's something that is today harder to find.
So about the nowadays bands, I like Placebo and Suede, well Placebo more than Suede who are doing now Bullshit, not only beacuse it reminds me of the glam-rock bands but alos because they sound very particularly. If you see what i mean. I love radiohead. It sounds stupid to say that you liek them because everybody who wants to give the impression that she or he is very clever and hip
in the same time say they like them...
Recently, I really liked Franz ferdinand, because they also sound very specially. I liked The Zutons who were apparently a big sensation in the UK recently. I like devendra banhart, Anthony and the Johnsons, Rufus Wainwright, Belle and Sebastian... basically the kind of stuff only girls, and boys who want to please them, like.
there are some other Bands I like but it's just that this ones crossed my mind right now. Later, I will probably find some other things.
You just have to know that I hate oasis and The verve and all that kind of Travis-Coldplay bullshit. (well I like one song of Coldplays' beacuse it reminds me of something). Don't ever mention them to me.
And don't ever mention The Libertines, the Strokes and that kind of stuff in front of my friends as I'm always criticizing them, and therefore supposed to hate them and you would ruin my reputation if you said that I actually like them.
Night

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:59 pm

haha yes i did notice that in the Suedehead video, and was happy! :D

you have wonderful music taste, lots of quite different things which is cool! The Clash and Buzzcocks are fantastic! i cant say i know many of the older one youve mentioned, do you like people like Johnny Cash then too, because i love him :D the video for Hurt still makes me cry when i watch it, its so sad! Cure are also fanastic, close to me is one of my favourite songs. do you like bands like echo and the bunnymen and joy division then as thats all the same kind of stuff? both those bands rock :D

i know what you mean about telling people you like Radiohead, but they are just genuinely a great band, im not so into them myself, but i do appreciate that they are great, and Thom Yorke is one of those iconic people in music i think, such a distinct sound you just a Radiohead song when you hear it!

Oooh some great choices of new stuff there too, Devendra Banhart, Anthony and the Johnsons and Belle and Sebastian are all just fantastic, and live Anthony and the Johnsons were fantastic! i cried so much when he did 'you are my sister', its such a beautiful song! Also Placebo, god i love them so much haha! I think Brian Molko is one of the most beautiful people in the world, genuinely! and they were wonderful live too! i never get bored of their songs and theyre great to dance to :D

Wo ive written lots hehe! i'll stop now! :P
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:59 pm

Takes a lot of guts to post a picture like that as avatar (if it's a picture of yourself anyway, but that doesn't matter that much)

The nickname is short but powerful, I like everything even remotely dark. Just out of interest: are you goth as well or is the nickname chosen for completely different reasons?
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:50 pm

Truman Capote wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36690:date=Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM:name=Night)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Night @ Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]36690[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36606:date=Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]36606[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Pete Doherty looks great! :angry:
Didn't say that he does not LOOK good, I actually find him quite cute, but I meant that he is BEHGAVING rediculously. I'm very soory, but it doesn't matter how hard I try, since the time of that awful public interest in him and his addiction and Kate, I simply can't take him as a person any serious.

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm

Night wrote:I love radiohead. It sounds stupid to say that you liek them because everybody who wants to give the impression that she or he is very clever and hip in the same time say they like them...

I like devendra banhart, Anthony and the Johnsons, Rufus Wainwright, Belle and Sebastian... basically the kind of stuff only girls, and boys who want to please them, like.

As for the people I know who really really love Radiohead to death, they don't care if they look clever and hip...(mostly for they are the cleverest persons I know) I'll believe you that your love is true and deep :D I've got to admit that I'm really fascinated and I really like everything they did since "The Bends"...it all seems very interesting to me, but it rarely grabs my heart and makes me want to jump up and down, or lie down and cry.

I've got to admit that I (in capital letters) LOVE All those wonderfull bands mentioned above without ever wanting to please any girls...well probably I've never been too manly in the first place...or would you consider sighing whenever there's a song of "If You're Feeling Sinister" on the radio or singing "Fistfull of Love" under the shower with full voice as very manly? :lol: Singing "Gay Messiah" when drunk or "The Art Teacher", not too manly :)

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:27 pm

Night wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36606:date=Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]36606[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

yandee wrote:Can't celibates just enjoy the sight of such a beautiful body??? :P

As I'm heterosexual, I do like watch girls but you know... It's like watching chocolate for hours when you're on diet! Kind of frustrating (ok, I must admit Im watching gay magazines sometimes... but I would'nt recommend it)

yandee wrote:Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber wenn ich mir deine wahnsinnig süße Antwort mit diesem französischem Akzent vorstelle... :wub: :wub: :wub: Ich wünsche dir schon jetzt mal ein schönes Sommersemester in Graz!!! Auch wenn Thomas Bernhard sagt "In Graz muss niemand gewesen sein, denn in Graz herrscht nur der Stumpfsinn!" :D Herzlich willkommen im Irrenhaus :lol:

Ooooh... great! :unsure: Besides, I heard they have such an awfull accent... Like, it's even worse than scottish-english for English learners! Anyway, I was once in Salzburg and was fed up with Mozart there and I remember I just wish I would hear some good jazz. Then somebody told me Graz was the town of jazz music. That's not the reason why I'm going there but it's quite reassuring. So... I just hope I won't get more stupid than I already am, beacuse there won't be much left then!
By the way, where is exactly Irrenhaus? (I'm French, so I'm not that good in Geography, even though my accent is supposedly cool)
Well what's so sexy about Moz in his 20s? It's just the same only a bit dirtier. It evokes your (and especially my) mother instinct...I mean you've got to admit that, if he's not high on crack, he looks just like some little school boy. I would say that his eyes definetly have something

For most celibates (well at least for some) it's chosen sexual exile, if I can put it like that. It's not they are on a diet, because they want to get somewhere special, it's more out of not feeling as a sexual person or simply not being interested in sex at all (for further information I would recomend our Celibate-thread to you)

Well they have got some terrible accent, but you could have it so much worse. You could for example go to Vorarlberg: they tend to a swiss austrian accent...I don't even understand them although I've got some relatives there...but there are some dialect-hardliners everywhere and you won't be able to understand them. Generally the Austrian spoken in Vienna is the one accent most likely to be understood, but if you for example go to Favoriten or Ottakring, those worker's districts, you won't even understand a thing. Or can you tell me what " Heast Deppada, wüst a Watschn?" means? Graz is a really nice city, I've been there a few times, be glad that you go there in summer!!! Is Salzburg that bad? I've only been there for short periods of time, but in a year's time I'll probably be there at the university.
If you listen to enough Radiohead, you can only get wiser :D , even though you're in Graz.
btw "Irrenhaus" is not a geografic term, but the german expression for "insane asylum" :lol:
Last edited by yandee on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Night » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:29 pm

this_charming_girl wrote:haha yes i did notice that in the Suedehead video, and was happy! :D

you have wonderful music taste, lots of quite different things which is cool! The Clash and Buzzcocks are fantastic! i cant say i know many of the older one youve mentioned, do you like people like Johnny Cash then too, because i love him :D the video for Hurt still makes me cry when i watch it, its so sad! Cure are also fanastic, close to me is one of my favourite songs. do you like bands like echo and the bunnymen and joy division then as thats all the same kind of stuff? both those bands rock :D

i know what you mean about telling people you like Radiohead, but they are just genuinely a great band, im not so into them myself, but i do appreciate that they are great, and Thom Yorke is one of those iconic people in music i think, such a distinct sound you just a Radiohead song when you hear it!

Oooh some great choices of new stuff there too, Devendra Banhart, Anthony and the Johnsons and Belle and Sebastian are all just fantastic, and live Anthony and the Johnsons were fantastic! i cried so much when he did 'you are my sister', its such a beautiful song! Also Placebo, god i love them so much haha! I think Brian Molko is one of the most beautiful people in the world, genuinely! and they were wonderful live too! i never get bored of their songs and theyre great to dance to :D

Wo ive written lots hehe! i'll stop now! :P

Of course, I love Cash!! He is not only a great songwriter, he is also a poet, which is simply perfect... So, I forgot to say that I love Leonard Cohen too...
Concerning Antony and the Johnsons, I can't really listen to You are my sister because it reminds me of my sister who is too far from me... In fact, it's better for me not to listen to him, because each of the songs can remind me of someone I might miss. So I try to avoid that!
And yeah, Molko was great until he got the idea to shave his hair. Now he lokks like a... don't know what what but not like a normal Molko!
Night

Postby Night » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:51 pm

yandee wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36690:date=Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM:name=Night)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Night @ Nov 10 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]36690[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=36606:date=Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM:name=yandee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yandee @ Nov 9 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]36606[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Well what's so sexy about Moz in his 20s? It's just the same only a bit dirtier. It evokes your (and especially my) mother instinct...I mean you've got to admit that, if he's not high on crack, he looks just like some little school boy. I would say that his eyes definetly have something

For most celibates (well at least for some) it's chosen sexual exile, if I can put it like that. It's not they are on a diet, because they want to get somewhere special, it's more out of not feeling as a sexual person or simply not being interested in sex at all (for further information I would recomend our Celibate-thread to you)

Well they have got some terrible accent, but you could have it so much worse. You could for example go to Vorarlberg: they tend to a swiss austrian accent...I don't even understand them although I've got some relatives there...but there are some dialect-hardliners everywhere and you won't be able to understand them. Generally the Austrian spoken in Vienna is the one accent most likely to be understood, but if you for example go to Favoriten or Ottakring, those worker's districts, you won't even understand a thing. Or can you tell me what " Heast Deppada, wüst a Watschn?" means? Graz is a really nice city, I've been there a few times, be glad that you go there in summer!!! Is Salzburg that bad? I've only been there for short periods of time, but in a year's time I'll probably be there at the university.
If you listen to enough Radiohead, you can only get wiser :D , even though you're in Graz.
btw "Irrenhaus" is not a geografic term, but the german expression for "insane asylum" :lol:
Come on, don't compare Morrissey to Pete Doherty or I'm going to die... Besides, it has nothing to do with a mother instinct, I don't give a damn about his drug addiction problems, it's more linked to my personal tastes and experiences. I don't know, I feel much more attracted to clean guys, loosers and geeks than to bad boys, that's all. And to be honest, Mick Jagger, Iggy Popp and so on also looked bad and not very sexy to me. Morrissey in his 20's looked like a geek, a looser. Yes, and he didn't look very sexy, that's true. But he has always had something Pete Doherty never had, and this is charisma. I was quite disappointed when I discovered how Pete Doherty looked as a matter of fact... I can't get rid of this disappointment.
And concerning Salzburg, what really got on my nerves was the big buzz about Mozart. What's more, I didn't like neither the fact it is a very wealthy town and therefore very expensive, nor the false and superficial picture they gave you of the town, as if it was made for tourists... But except that, I must admit that there are some areas that are great, and some places worth it to go out... I'm just happy I wasn't there only for 3 weeks because I started to be sick of the drawbacks.
"Irrenhaus"... ok, you should have thought that I could'nt know what it meant! lol but now you can see that my level is not good even though it should be the same as in English!
Night

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction Forum