Smiths fans in Manchester? Of all places?

Postby Aziza » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:27 pm

Ok technically I have already introduced myself, but that was a long time ago, and I went quiet for ages, and now I've moved from London to Manchester anyway, so I may as well start afresh. I seem to have met about 500 Smiths fans since I've lived here, it's great :D - just wondering if we have any Star and Garter regulars on the forum?

Aziza x
"Yonder, the Deacon, in Misguided Trousers"
Aziza
Regular

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:36 pm

Well, I am not a mancunian and I don't even live in Manchester so all I have to say to you is... LUCKY YOU!!! I would love to go there, lots of Smiths' fans! My god, it sounds so good, it sounds like heaven.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:54 pm

i'm afraid i also don't live there but as from next september i'll be in sheffield and will be making regular trips to the S&G for both smiths and B&S nights! :D
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:28 pm

...another lucky one...
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:51 am

this_charming_girl wrote:i'm afraid i also don't live there but as from next september i'll be in sheffield and will be making regular trips to the S&G for both smiths and B&S nights! :D

(I didn't know S&G had a B&S night as well. We have nothing like that here. :( :( :( )
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Aziza » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:17 am

Truman Capote wrote:Well, I am not a mancunian and I don't even live in Manchester so all I have to say to you is... LUCKY YOU!!! I would love to go there, lots of Smiths' fans! My god, it sounds so good, it sounds like heaven.

Sorry to gloat, but yes, it's amazing! I am so glad I moved here - being a Smiths fan feels like being part of a scene, much more so than back in London.

And the S&G are putting on an extra Smiths disco to coincide with the Moz gig on the 22nd - I am almost unable to contain my excitement :D

Aziza x
"Yonder, the Deacon, in Misguided Trousers"
Aziza
Regular

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:07 am

Aziza wrote:<!--quoteo(post=37585:date=Nov 27 2006, 06:36 PM:name=Truman Capote)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Truman Capote @ Nov 27 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]37585[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Well, I am not a mancunian and I don't even live in Manchester so all I have to say to you is... LUCKY YOU!!! I would love to go there, lots of Smiths' fans! My god, it sounds so good, it sounds like heaven.

Sorry to gloat, but yes, it's amazing! I am so glad I moved here - being a Smiths fan feels like being part of a scene, much more so than back in London.

And the S&G are putting on an extra Smiths disco to coincide with the Moz gig on the 22nd - I am almost unable to contain my excitement :D

Aziza x
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Welcome back and have fun you lucky person!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:20 pm

wahahaha im from manc :D
<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
kurt
Supreme

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:42 pm

Handsome Devil wrote:wahahaha im from manc :D

and too young to appreciate it yet! you better go to S&G when you're older or its mean on people who dont live there and want to go haha! :D
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby madmancmonkey » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:50 pm

I am from Manc as my name suggests ... but I am currently within the walls of Chester at uni (and how they're closing in :B) I just feel so so privalaged to be both Mancunian and a Smiths fan!
madmancmonkey
Smiths Nut!

Return to Introduction Forum