found a toney house

Postby ugh raines » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi. I'm Toney. I've been listening to the Smiths off and on for 16 years. I'm really fond of the self titled, MIM SHWC and QID, and of the cover art for Louder Than Bombs. I do stuff sometimes. Today, upon notification from this forum, I was able to remember The Smiths - Cradle Snatchers. It has some nice demos and one song I am just now hearing, Wonderful Woman.

Thanks.
ugh raines

Postby elko » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:00 pm

Hullo Toney!

Can we call you Big Tone?

Where abouts are you from?

I'm interested in your username, I imagine there's a fantastic anecdote behind it.
elko
Site Admin

Postby ugh raines » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:15 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can we call you Big Tone? Where abouts are you from?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sure, until you find out I am extremely modest. I'm from the southeastern US, somewhere between johnson city, tennessee and butts county, georgia. :D

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm interested in your username, I imagine there's a fantastic anecdote behind it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually this name was given to me. I took over an email account for Paul Westerberg when I had to go into hiding. Ugh Raines was the name. I just stuck with it. Supposedly, it is the name of a family, like the smiths.
Anyway, there's a certain mystery around that family involving mysticism. I won't go into that, but I will reveal how I got the name: I had a picture of me taken sitting in an electric chair, and the Replacements wrote a song about us. They stalked me down via the internet and told me, at work! I had no idea for 24 years that this picture had made it's way into the hands of a rock star. I was delighted. So, he gave me his email adress and forum addy to play around with, mostly to decieve his pals on the BBS. :rolleyes:
ugh raines

Return to Introduction Forum