Hello

Postby Ishihara » Wed May 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Hello, I am Shintaro. I am here to talk about the greatest band of all time, the Smiths.
I first heard the Smiths in 1983, didn't become a big fan until 1985, and even got too meet the band a few times in 1986 onward.

I think Johnny and Morrissey had a true partnership and complimentary talents that were rare and unique.

I have also been consistently disappointed with much of Morrissey's solo work and his attitude towards the Smiths legacy. I also find his fans that exclusively prefer his solo work to be mindless lemmings and devoid of any objectivity.

As you can tell I don't hold back, I am looking forward to many lively discussions.

:ninja:
Last edited by Ishihara on Wed May 16, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby Truman Capote » Wed May 16, 2007 4:54 pm

Of course we are pleased to meet you. Welcome to the board and I hope you really enjoy it here.
Shintaro Ishihara wrote:I have also been consistently disappointed with much of Morrissey's solo work and his attitude towards the Smiths legacy. I also find his fans that exclusively prefer his solo work to be mindless lemmings and devoid of any objectivity.

What's his attitude towards the Smiths' legacy? What's so dissapointing about it? Sorry but I am a big fan of his solo work as much as I am of his work with The Smiths, call me lemming, call me pale.

T.
Last edited by Truman Capote on Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed May 16, 2007 5:00 pm

You got to meet them? That is wonderful! What was that like?

I am a huge Smiths fan (obviously) but I still adore a lot of his solo work- no matter what that may say about me as a person.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Wed May 16, 2007 5:17 pm

Truman Capote wrote:Of course we are pleased to meet you. Welcome to the board and I hope you really enjoy it here.
<!--quoteo(post=40939:date=May 16 2007, 05:23 PM:name=Shintaro Ishihara)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shintaro Ishihara @ May 16 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]40939[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I have also been consistently disappointed with much of Morrissey's solo work and his attitude towards the Smiths legacy. I also find his fans that exclusively prefer his solo work to be mindless lemmings and devoid of any objectivity.

What's his attitude towards the Smiths' legacy? What's so dissapointing about it? Sorry but I am a big fan of his solo work as much as I am of his work with The Smiths, call me lemming, call me pale.

T.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then you certainly are NOT a lemming. I am only talking about fans who exclusively listen to his solo work, constantly trash Marr's reputation, and discredit the Smiths catalog as immature.

:ph34r:

Pashernate_Lover wrote:You got to meet them? That is wonderful! What was that like?

I am a huge Smiths fan (obviously) but I still adore a lot of his solo work- no matter what that may say about me as a person.

send me a PM and I will tell you all about it.

...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby elko » Wed May 16, 2007 5:34 pm

So you are the Governor or Tokyo? I'm very pleased you've found time to seek out our forum, I hope you enjoy it.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Ishihara » Wed May 16, 2007 10:34 pm

elko wrote:So you are the Governor or Tokyo? I'm very pleased you've found time to seek out our forum, I hope you enjoy it.

No, obviously I am not the REAL Ishihara, but he is someone who I deeply respect and admire greatly.

Look how cute he is with this Daruma!

He also has a lovely voice.

...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby chicken » Wed May 16, 2007 11:09 pm

many welcomes to you, Shintaro!!

i've often wondered how the smiths were perceived in Japan.

i hope you stick around and become a regular, we need as many as we can get. your voice will certainly be a nice contrast to what we usually have.
:huh:

oops. not that the usual voices aren't adorable, wonderful, enlightening, etc....

ugh...i've just dug myself into a hole :unsure:

welcome!
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu May 17, 2007 1:09 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> I am only talking about fans who exclusively listen to his solo work, constantly trash Marr's reputation, and discredit the Smiths catalog as immature.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh, I know what you're talking about - and I hate thsi too :(

But it's lovely to have you aboard, Shintaro :)

Hope you like it here - and yes, we'd be delighted to have you posting as much as possible, so do indulge us ;)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu May 17, 2007 10:34 am

Are you based in Japan actually or just fascinated by Japanese culture?

Welcome on board.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Thu May 17, 2007 3:07 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Are you based in Japan actually or just fascinated by Japanese culture?

Welcome on board.

I split my time between LA and Tokyo, I am a citizen of Italy.
How about you?

...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu May 17, 2007 4:47 pm

So you're a fellow globetrotter!

I am a Belgian citizen, living in Northern Ireland, hoping to move to the Middle East or Scandinavia soon.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to Introduction Forum