Room for one more?

Postby Profanity » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:37 pm

Hey all

Gee, I suck at this kind of thing.

My name is Giovanna, but most people call me Gia, which I prefer. I live in East London. I'm training as a make up artist, mostly for film companies and the occasional ad campaign. Don't be fooled it's not as glamorous as it sounds.

I've been a Smiths fan for as long as I can remember really and only came across this forum recently. Well, to be quite honest I had tried to join this forum before and never received an activation email, yet this morning I received an email saying about changes etc, so I took the opportunity again.

My other interests include horror movies, and my puppy Oscar.

Anyway, I look forward to participating on the forum and perhaps getting to know you all a little better.
Last edited by Profanity on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Profanity
Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: London

Postby Boxguy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi Gia! Welcome aboard our wonderful little ship sailing amongst the seas of them there internets! Kick back and make yourself comfy, this is truly a great place to hang around. :)
Last edited by Boxguy on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boxguy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:42 pm
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Postby Profanity » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Tis much appreciated.

As I said, I look forward to browsing and contributing to the forum.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Profanity
Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: London

Postby chicken » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:54 pm

welcome aboard the board, Gia!!

always room for one more here.

stay and have a cup of tea :D
Image
chicken
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: an insomnia rehab centre; Salina, Kansas

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:16 am

chicken wrote:welcome aboard the board, Gia!!

always room for one more here.

stay and have a cup of tea :D

Ditto. :)
Hope you like it here, Gia. It's great to have a new member and I would like to get to know you too.

Welcome!!!

Image
Image
User avatar
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Home/Shelter for the Rural Poor, Montevideo.

Postby elko » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:49 am

Profanity wrote:Hey all

Gee, I suck at this kind of thing.

My name is Giovanna, but most people call me Gia, which I prefer. I live in East London. I'm training as a make up artist, mostly for film companies and the occasional ad campaign. Don't be fooled it's not as glamorous as it sounds.

I've been a Smiths fan for as long as I can remember really and only came across this forum recently. Well, to be quite honest I had tried to join this forum before and never received an activation email, yet this morning I received an email saying about changes etc, so I took the opportunity again.

My other interests include horror movies, and my puppy Oscar.

Anyway, I look forward to participating on the forum and perhaps getting to know you all a little better.

Hullo Gia! Thanks for taking the time to give our forum another chance, I don't know what went wrong but it was probably my fault. Anyway I hope you like the place. Oh and you're right, it does sound glamorous, have you touched the faces of famous people??
elko
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 9:55 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Profanity » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:10 pm

chicken wrote:welcome aboard the board, Gia!!

always room for one more here.

stay and have a cup of tea :D

Ta very much. I'm partial to a nice cup of tea. Put the kettle on!

Truman Capote wrote:Ditto. :)
Hope you like it here, Gia. It's great to have a new member and I would like to get to know you too.

Welcome!!!

Image

I think I'll like it here just fine. Everyone seems so friendly.


elko wrote:Hullo Gia! Thanks for taking the time to give our forum another chance, I don't know what went wrong but it was probably my fault. Anyway I hope you like the place. Oh and you're right, it does sound glamorous, have you touched the faces of famous people??

Hey, one thing I've learned in this life is never to take the blame ;)

Oh it sounds so glam but alas not. As I'm only training I haven't been let loose on the faces of any real celebs. Just the extras I'm afraid and a couple of D-listers who invariably turn up at the opening of an envelope.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. I think I'm gonna like it here.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Profanity
Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: London

Postby Boxguy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:54 pm

Truman Capote wrote:Image

Tru, if you ever are around these parts I must take you to Holcomb!
Boxguy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:42 pm
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Boxguy wrote:<!--quoteo(post=43114:date=Jan 7 2008, 11:16 PM:name=Truman Capote)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Truman Capote @ Jan 7 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]43114[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Image

Tru, if you ever are around these parts I must take you to Holcomb!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh please, that's one of my dreams! And once in Holcomb, please take me a picture like that one.
Image
User avatar
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Home/Shelter for the Rural Poor, Montevideo.

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Hello Gia. I love horror movies. Which are your favourites? I still think The Exorcist is the greatest amongst films, but I also love horror films such as My Little Eye, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, vampire films, ...
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

Image
Image

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:52 am
Location: travelling

Postby Profanity » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Hello Gia. I love horror movies. Which are your favourites? I still think The Exorcist is the greatest amongst films, but I also love horror films such as My Little Eye, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, vampire films, ...

Hello to you too :)

Oh any kind of horror. The Exorcist is certainly one of the best horror stories ever filmed. I also like zombie movies. Actually, who am I trying to kid. I love zombie movies - the cheaper, the nastier, the cheesier, the better.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Profanity
Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: London

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 pm

Zombies are great, although I prefer vampires even more. I only don't like gore movies like Hostel or Rob Zombie's films, but regular horror is always great. Even horror with some psychological aspects on it, like The Exorcism Of Emily Rose. Oh, and I love the Hannibal trilogy, Anthony Hopkins is a genius.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

Image
Image

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:52 am
Location: travelling

Postby Profanity » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Don't forget The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - the original of course. It's damn near a masterpeice.

Leatherface, truly one of the great film icons of the seventies.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Profanity
Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: London

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Ah yes. I did like the remake as well somewhat, although it did not come close to the original. The original also had a much greater impact because it was so groundbreaking in that time, much like The Exorcist.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

Image
Image

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:52 am
Location: travelling

Re: Room for one more?

Postby Profanity » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi all.

I'm looking forward to resuming posting here after a couple of glitches - glitches on my part I have to confess.

Anyway, let's do this.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Profanity
Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: London

Next

Return to Introduction Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron